View Single Post
Old 1st May 2012, 20:16   #20
Billy1mate
Posted a thing or two

120d M Sport

Leigh, I am inclined to agree with the other members & leave the ball in the dealers hands, under the sale of goods act etc...That's not to say you have to give it back.
Just to paint a slightly less bleak picture;
parking sensors can be checked, ignition on 2nd click, (don't start the car) engage reverse, check reverse lights work, put your ear to each sensor, check they make a clicking noise. Wiring plug is under the bumper & quite exposed so could be a broken wire or duff sensor. (hint & tips on the forum)

Rev counter, temperature gauge & heated rear screen are supplied by the same wire (yellow I think) located under front left wheel arch directly below the engine bay fuse box. Check the inspection panel is present in front of front left wheel, this allows access to the headlight but also allows road crud to wash the wiring loom.

Cooler fan open circuit & no temperature gauge is bad, if it gets hot the fan won't cut in & you won't know because your temp gauge doesn't work.

My ZTT CDTI is currently suffering all the above. As for the rest of your fault codes there will be a reasonably large bill to sort the rest
Billy1mate is offline   Reply With Quote