View Single Post
Old 16th June 2011, 15:25   #1
carlpenn
This is my second home

2000 Wedgey Blue 2.5V6 Beauty

Default General Coolant Temperature / Fan question

Just tried using the On Board Diagnostics to monitor my Coolant Temperature and Fans.

I started the test after a short run - I did the test standing still at idle - and it was at 85 Degrees. It climbed to 100 and I could hear the Fan kick in, then after a couple of minutes, the Temp dropped to 95 and the Fan shut off, I then revved the car at 1500 Rpm and the Coolant temp dropped down to 86 Degrees before starting to climb back up to 100 again the Fan kicked in and although taking a little longer this time, dropped the Temp back down to 95 before the cooling fan stopped.

I know the Car has a 2 or 3 Speed fan, so what Temp ranges do the other 2 kick in at and should I be able to hear them from the Cabin or do I need to look through the Grill to see if they are spinning?

I assume the test I did shows that the Cooling system is circulating normally and the Fan is doing what it should?