View Single Post
Old 4th April 2010, 10:47   #14
chrissyboy
This is my second home

lovely little ford focus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by markb63 View Post
hi , does anybody have a diagram showing the directional flow of the cooling system ? .
my reason for this is , i have changed my rad and fan ( thanks for the kenlow jules ) cleaned out the matrix removed the engine drain , refilled the cooling system with oat , still not getting red hot air out the heater .
i have also done a mod on the cooling rail , car is not overheating and running fine,but the bottom cooling rail is not getting as hot as it should i think ...
so i now think that the problem lies with the thermostat not allowing the coolant to circulate ?

sometimes the heater blows warmish air on low fan , but i think when its on fast because the flow is not good enough the blower is cooling it down , without the fan on both flow and return on the matrix are red hot .
your thoughts please thanks mark

you most certainly have air in the system , when you refilled the system did you have the heater set high?. ito get of air and gunk from my system i un did top and bottom hose and ran a hose pipe through top hose allowing water to go right through system ,you wouldnt believe the muck that came out .. then filled it up and bleed it .you will need someone to top up while you bleed it as it takes a while for the air to escape .the lower the level gets the more air you will get in system .. mow i got a nice hot heater and no more over heating issues or hoses splitting cos of the prusse build up due to the air in system and coolant not being able to circulate around the system ...remember bleeding the system is not about letting the over fill of of coolant out to obtain the right level of coolant .to get rid of all the air it can take you up to an hour .when the air was all out my car the coolant flowed out the bleed value in one movement not slowing and speeding up and slowing again ..

Last edited by chrissyboy; 4th April 2010 at 10:55..
chrissyboy is offline   Reply With Quote