Lagoon 2.0 V6 75 Conn SE Saloon

Thanked 2,920 Times in 1,570 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcat View Post
Hi Cliff, we have good tastes don't we
Don't we just.

Quote:
...........Can't get on with the Active glasses on our Samsung bedroom TV at all
We also have a 46 inch Sammy with active TV. I get on fine with it, but there's definitely more noticeable crosstalk in the picture, and it's a real pain when the rechargable glasses run out. 3D via a passive 4K set is most definitely a huge step up.

Quote:
4K HDR on BluRay I can certainly see improvements in picture from a standard full HD disc although it will depend very much on how the film has been shot etc.

A lot of directors put intentional grain/noise etc into their films which will have an effect on how big an improvement you will see.

I can't comment on 4K content from Netflix etc as I haven't tried it.

Was it HDR stuff or just 4K you tried ? I think the HDR content takes things further still, not sure what's available in HDR on streaming sites though
A bit of both Jeff, Amazon has some HDR 4K (most notably "The Grand Tour") and the HDR definitely makes the picture much punchier. Netflix also has some HDR offerings, including a number of series in "Dolby Vision", however, so far, all of their Dolby Vision offerings seem to be a grainy mess, so much so, that I prefer to watch these offerings in good old HD via my Tivo box. I thought it may have been my picture settings, but looking at the postings over at AV Forums, it seems it's a widespread issue.

Cliff

No. 4 of 6
Teflon is offline   Reply With Quote