View Single Post
Old 20th April 2008, 23:15   #8
BigJacko
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Tourer 2.0 V6 Club (2002)

Quote:
Originally Posted by davediamond View Post
Your 2002 75 2ltr V6 club shows on Wisebuyers as emmiting 228g/km which currently puts you in band F for vehicles over 186g/km registered before 23rd March 2006, so £210 is correct for 12 months.
You sure, Dave? According to the motortorque list at the top of this thread, there's a higher Band G for cars over 225g/km - and so surely I should be in that band right now, if I'm at 228g/km.... yet I am not. I paid £210... implying I'm 225g/km or less in the eyes of the gu'mmint. This is what's confusing me...

Quote:
Originally Posted by davediamond View Post
From 13th March 2009 the new graduated VED scale will put your emission of 228g/km in band L for vehicles between 226-255g/km therefore your VED will be the same as a ZT 190 at £415 (12 months) and from 13th March 2010 at £430 (12 months)

This is all subject to the Wisebuyers guide being correct in relation to your C02 emissions (see below)

http://www.wisebuyers.co.uk/motoring...5%29/RO001552/
All agreed - but I'm still confused... If Wisebuyers (and Parkers) is correct, and I'm over 225g/km, then I'd expect to get lumbered at the four-hundred end of this mallet-to-the-wallet... but this motortorque news seems to holding out a tease, and maybe I'm only gonna get stung for three hundred or so... or else, I'd be paying FOUR hundred right now, surely?

Or is the current Band G JUST for vehicles newer than Mar '06? (which might explain the inconsistencies I'm seeing).

And if so, is this 'age threshold' (and the 2001 one too) going to roll forward as we progress over the years, and have the older cars fall out of the higher-end of the system (which would be fairer, imho, given the infeasibly stupid tax-to-value ratios that would accrue, otherwise).

Spitting feathers, me... that Darling 'fellow' needs stringing up, imho...