View Single Post
Old 21st April 2008, 11:05   #15
BigJacko
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Tourer 2.0 V6 Club (2002)

Quote:
Originally Posted by davediamond View Post
Yes you are correct. The current band G (valid until 13th March 09) is for cars over 226g/km registered on or after 23rd March 2006 only so your 2002 75 comes under band F as it was registered prior to this date. Interestingly, your car could emit 1000g/km and it would still only cost you £210 until 2009
Thanks for the clarification Dave... it all makes perfect sense now, cheers. Sometimes I hate finding out I'm right For a moment there, your new tables gave me a modicum of hope that I'd only be seeing mine jump by £100, but instead, no, it WILL be £200 after all. Dammit.

Quote:
I'm not to happy myself BUT at least my 52 plate 2.5 V6 160 falls just under the top 2 bands at 225g/km, if I had a 2ltr V6 I would be well cheesed off at having to pay the same as the ZT190.
"Cheesed off" is somewhat of an understatement for my current level of feeling. Especially seeing as I am over 225g/km by a mere 3g/km, AND that I can't play the 'tax it for six months and get 18 months of low rate' trick now (because I realised too late - thinking it was a 'showroom tax' for new cars only).
My only solace is that I have never in my life paid more than five hundred quid for a car. Ever. And I'm now 44. I suppose this is merely the equaliser!

Quote:
Just to summerise, the figures I quoted in my first post are correct for your future VED. (you may as well get yourself a nice 2.5 V6 75 or better still a ZT190.)
I'm not going to change the car - this one was an inheritance gift from my dear old late dad, and is only worth keeping because, well, he loved it, mum loved it, and now so do I - and we couldn't bear to scrap it or sell it to some tearaway (dad had it from new, and it was his pride-n-joy). It's just someone upstairs reminding me you get nowt for nowt, that's all. We'll grin and bear it. I shall meanwhile resist the temptation to go out and purchase an old Ford Cortina and just leave it running 24/7 whilst parked up outside number 11 Downing Street. Preferably with a hosepipe running from the exhaust to the letterbox!