Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 23rd May 2024, 14:48   #21
rovertone
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Conne SE Auto CDTi

Quote:
Originally Posted by bl52krz View Post
Like France for its N roads. Good mileage can be covered in a short time. Watch the speed camera’s hidden in the side of the roads. We knocked up 2,200 miles when we went to the Loire area one year. Steady 80 on the m/ways soon gets you to your destinations. Love southern France. Little traffic on main roads. Would love to drive down to Bordeaux and then over into Spain, down to Portugal, just to try a little aperitif in the bodega’s.
I can thoroughly recommend it, have run to the Algarve solo, with caravan on the back and in motorhome via tunnel through France and via ferry to Santander just love it. Hoping to do it again in car but tied down at mo with an elderly pooch that's never been in kennels. Makes you realise just how much a disgrace our roads are!
Also 2004 Rover 25 SXi CVT, 1999 Megane Cabriolet and still missing my 800 Fastback
rovertone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2024, 23:02   #22
Sonic ZS
Posted a thing or two

75 Conn CDT Tourer, 75 Conn SE V6, 75 Conn V6, 75 Conn CDTi Tourer, ZS 180

Thanks, everyone, for the positive responses ! We're really looking forward to the trip and the chance to explore France again - I've not been over there for about 20 years I'm sure the car will be fine and the spares box will (hopefully) remain unopened
Old 29th May 2024, 11:09   #23
bl52krz
This is my second home

Rover 75 cdt club + Rover 2.5 KV6 Conni SE

Thanked 2,262 Times in 1,729 Posts

The only problem, not mine, we came across while travelling south through Bordeaux, was an English couple whose satnav had gone ‘off line’. He was on his way back to an hotel just outside Calais. Told him to stay on that m/way and it would take him to Calais. Only thing I have had happen was a bad connection on a brake light connection in Germany outside my sons house. Bit of emery paper and a good rub and everything was ok. Perhaps we have been lucky over the 30 odd years we have been going over there.