Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum > Sat Nav Hardware & Software > Double Din Navigation Systems
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 18th August 2015, 20:45   #1
Astraeus
Regional Secretary North Scotland

MG ZS Exclusive 1.0T Auto 2022

Thanked 1,855 Times in 1,058 Posts
Default Navall 1 with software update

Right,

I have as above and my mobile is a Nokia 710. Now it tethers up with the phone app on my Navall and works perfectly. However it does not tether up in any other way. It says device does not suppport this phone.
If I got a compatible phone can I access internet through my phone on the Navall?
If I can...what phone should I try to get. I want to get something that has been proven to work ( if it can of course)

Now, I am no gadget man and my phones are normally my Son Sean's hand me downs so I will not be buying a new fancy and expensive gadget. Just something that works!

All advice appreciated

Thanks

Chris

Last edited by Astraeus; 18th August 2015 at 20:50..
Astraeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2015, 04:58   #2
David Lawrence
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDT-2001

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astraeus View Post
Right,

I have as above and my mobile is a Nokia 710. Now it tethers up with the phone app on my Navall and works perfectly. However it does not tether up in any other way. It says device does not suppport this phone.
If I got a compatible phone can I access internet through my phone on the Navall?
If I can...what phone should I try to get. I want to get something that has been proven to work ( if it can of course)

Now, I am no gadget man and my phones are normally my Son Sean's hand me downs so I will not be buying a new fancy and expensive gadget. Just something that works!

All advice appreciated

Thanks

Chris

Does your Nokia not transmit a personal hotspot?

All you need is any phone that will do that and can make a 3g/4g connection to the internet.
David Lawrence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2015, 05:24   #3
bigbaldbloke
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 CDT Connie SE Auto

The phone app isn't tethering as such, it's pairing (the most basic of Bluetooth functions). What services you can get will depend on which version of Bluetooth your phone has - when you say the 710 is it the Lumia 710 (i.e. a Windows phone?)
bigbaldbloke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2015, 08:05   #4
milford man
Gets stuck in

Jaguar XE Prestige

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbaldbloke View Post
The phone app isn't tethering as such, it's pairing (the most basic of Bluetooth functions). What services you can get will depend on which version of Bluetooth your phone has - when you say the 710 is it the Lumia 710 (i.e. a Windows phone?)
I have a HTC mini one phone. For me the Bluetooth pairing deals with incoming and outgoing phone calls and gives the Navall my phone contacts. For accessing the internet I do this via WI-FI through the phone. I make sure (on my phone) Mobile Data is on then go into Mobile Network Sharing and then turn on 'Portable Wi-Fi Hotspot' once this is on in Wi-Fi settings of the Navall I see my phone in the list. The first time I had to enter the password and then it connected.

Regards John
milford man is offline   Reply With Quote