Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 13th January 2011, 12:00   #1
Jarno
Avid contributor

Steel Blue Rover 75 2.5 V6 Sterling Auto. + MGF

Default Upgrade to MK4 on 4:3 screen questions

Hi all,

Since the satnav computer on our 75 is probably broken, I am thinking of upgrading from the standard MK2 satnav computer to a MK4 satnav computer. I have searched for information on the internet and found out that this is a straight swap.

I have a couple of questions concerning this swap:

1. I can buy a used MK4 satnav computer with V32 software with Dutch menus and speech for around €400. Is it possible to change the BMW logo to a Rover logo despite the fact that the latest software installed?

2. Is €400 a fair price for an MK4?

3. Will the MK4 satnav display the estimated time of arrival? I don't think the current unit does so (broken since we got the car), hence my question.

4. I don't want to upgrade to a 16:9 satnav screen because I prefer the look of the 4:3 unit. I've read that I can keep the 4:3 without losing any functions, can someone confirm this?

5. Can someone show me a couple of picture of the MK4 computer running on a 4:3 screen? I am interested in how the menus, split screen and 3D / bird view functions look on the 4:3 screen.

Sorry if I ask any questions that were already asked by other people, but I couldn't find them by using the search engine.

Jarno

Last edited by Jarno; 13th January 2011 at 13:20..
Jarno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2011, 14:40   #2
arjan_m
Gets stuck in

MG TF 135

Hi Jarno , ook al bij het Engelse forum? Ik zal verder dan ook Engels antwoorden, voor overige geïntresseerden ;-)
Quote:
1. I can buy a used MK4 satnav computer with V32 software with Dutch menus and speech for around €400. Is it possible to change the BMW logo to a Rover logo despite the fact that the latest software installed?
Yep, that's possible. If we have the V32 version on CD, I can adjust the logo for you.

Quote:
2. Is €400 a fair price for an MK4?
It is a fair price, on E-bay they will be around 350 euro without sending costs.

Quote:
3. Will the MK4 satnav display the estimated time of arrival? I don't think the current unit does so (broken since we got the car), hence my question.
No, it won't. 75's don't have a time function on the K-Bus, so i won't be read

Quote:
4. I don't want to upgrade to a 16:9 satnav screen because I prefer the look of the 4:3 unit. I've read that I can keep the 4:3 without losing any functions, can someone confirm this?
Yes, you can keep the 4:3 screen and use a MK4 at the same time. If you wan't 16:9, you will have to change the TV-module, the screen and de sat/nav.

Quote:
5. Can someone show me a couple of picture of the MK4 computer running on a 4:3 screen? I am interested in how the menus, split screen and 3D / bird view functions look on the 4:3 screen.

I have some pics for you:

My third 75:
My Rover 75 1.8 mod topic
Rover 75 1.8 Classic, MidNight Blue, 2002

Current car:
MG TF 135, Antracite (LQW), 2002

Last edited by arjan_m; 13th January 2011 at 14:43..
arjan_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2011, 14:51   #3
DoDo
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Saloon

With the MK4 and latest software you can also get latest 2011 map DVD disc with speed camera and verbal alerts etc.

God may have created man before woman,
but there is always a rough draft before the masterpiece
DoDo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2011, 18:31   #4
Jarno
Avid contributor

Steel Blue Rover 75 2.5 V6 Sterling Auto. + MGF

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjan_m View Post
Hi Jarno , ook al bij het Engelse forum? Ik zal verder dan ook Engels antwoorden, voor overige geïntresseerden ;-)
Haha ja, er is hier zoveel informatie te vinden!

Quote:
Yep, that's possible. If we have the V32 version on CD, I can adjust the logo for you.
So it doesn't really matter which software is currently installed on the computer I buy? I guess u have to reinstall the software anyway to get the Rover logo?

Quote:
No, it won't. 75's don't have a time function on the K-Bus, so i won't be read
If I understand u correctly the MK4 system without clock function only shows u the distance to the destination? Do u have to calculate the time it takes u to come there yourself?!

I have found the following thread about the missing clock function:

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...=32958&page=15

Is this unit still available or is there another option to add the clock / timer functionality?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoDo View Post
With the MK4 and latest software you can also get latest 2011 map DVD disc with speed camera and verbal alerts etc.
Most of the MK4 satnav computers for sale in The Netherlands come with the latest 2011 map, but I guess these are unofficial / illegal copies? Any risks involved with these maps?

Last edited by Jarno; 13th January 2011 at 18:36..
Jarno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2011, 20:06   #5
MN190
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT 190+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
Haha ja, er is hier zoveel informatie te vinden!

So it doesn't really matter which software is currently installed on the computer I buy? I guess u have to reinstall the software anyway to get the Rover logo?

If I understand u correctly the MK4 system without clock function only shows u the distance to the destination? Do u have to calculate the time it takes u to come there yourself?!

I have found the following thread about the missing clock function:

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...=32958&page=15

Is this unit still available or is there another option to add the clock / timer functionality?

Most of the MK4 satnav computers for sale in The Netherlands come with the latest 2011 map, but I guess these are unofficial / illegal copies? Any risks involved with these maps?

Yes you need to update the software to get the splash screen that you want
If you pm Hans he may still be supplying the time function
The disc is ok unless its illegal to have one with a speed camera alert in your country
MN190 is offline   Reply With Quote