Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 26th November 2012, 16:27   #1
seancar
Banned

75 tourer and t4

Default anyone know who buys plastic

looking for some one to collect all our plastic bumpers, plastic trim, centre consoles. on the net they all say we pay best prices i dont want anything for them they can collect and everyone has said we wont collect less than 10 ton of it. i have a fair few bumpers and plastic but not quite 10 ton lol. does any member know of a sensible company that collect plastic
seancar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2012, 16:38   #2
Rev Jules
This is my second home

Rover 75 Tourer+

Thanked 3,929 Times in 2,051 Posts
Default plastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by seancar View Post
looking for some one to collect all our plastic bumpers, plastic trim, centre consoles. on the net they all say we pay best prices i dont want anything for them they can collect and everyone has said we wont collect less than 10 ton of it. i have a fair few bumpers and plastic but not quite 10 ton lol. does any member know of a sensible company that collect plastic
Sean .
Light a bonfire next to the building site and **** them off and say many thanks for ruining my business. and say bye bye.
Rev Jules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2012, 16:39   #3
stocktake
Vis Whiz

Rover 75 2.5 auto Saloon

Thanked 3,056 Times in 1,621 Posts

Tried Jackie stallone?

Lost a few stones and a Gall Bladder and part of a bile duct and all of my dignity in the suppository incident
stocktake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2012, 16:40   #4
Shapfell
Loves to post

Rover 75 Conn SE saloon / MG ZTT cdti auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by stocktake View Post
tried jackie stallone?

oh god thats put me off my tea! Aarrrgghhh!

2004 Conn SE 1.8
Work so far:-
Gerry T, Rad Fan Resistor, Handbrake Compensator, Bonnet Catch Block, Leather Handbrake gaiter, Journey Camera,
Sean's DD Unit with Freeview!, Towbar, Rear Sunblind, Smiley!, Headlamp Protectors, Alloy Intake, R75 Brolly, Puddle lights, reversing camera.

2004 Connie CDTi Tourer; replacement for the ZTT.
Shapfell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2012, 17:10   #5
Nige B
This is my second home

honda civic

Default maybe

Quote:
Originally Posted by seancar View Post
Have sent a message to my brother.he works for a firm that moulds plastic products and regrinds plastic for re-use.Don't know wether they will be interested but doesn't hurt to ask .Will let you know if they are interested as soon as I hear anything...regards Nige
Nige B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2012, 17:22   #6
Nige B
This is my second home

honda civic

Default pm

Hi Sean have sent you a pm re. plastics
Nige B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2012, 17:26   #7
GJBridge
Gets stuck in

75 Contemp SE Tourer CDTi

Hi Sean,
When I worked in plastics (10 years ago) we used a firm called J & A Young from Leicester for all our scrap - if their still going, they might dispose, or at least point you to someone else who might.
Old 26th November 2012, 18:05   #8
rover54
Retired

rover 75 v6 Auto Conn. SE 54 plate LPG and 2006 Rover 75 v6 Auto LPG , 1.8 r75 Manual

how many bumpers have you got? I could find a home for some facelift bumpers both front and rear, I would store them in my loft and if you need to sell one I can dispatch it from my home. I also gives me stock if I have a problem with one of my cars and if I use one I will pay you.

Perhaps other members if they have room in their lofts might like a spares bumper for the cost of postage and a small donation, remember this is the type of item that isn't made any longer and it is now that these items need to be squirreled away if you intend to keep your car for a number of years. When they are gone, they are gone.

Sean how much is storage costs for your stock? I am in the process of setting up something which including a charity that will help keep these vehicles alive. What I am thinking of is getting this charity of the ground ASAP and asking for a donations from members to fund storage say for the next year or so, then everything will be set up to put the long-term survival of these vehicles on sound footings. There are 20,000 members on the books, say if 5000 donate £10 making £50,000 would that be sufficient to store your stock for a year. Gift aid will add another £12,500 making £62,500.

Ping the light has just gone on upstairs; just had a thought assuming there is sufficient donations from the membership, would your landlord be willing to rent your workshop as storage until he intends to build or sell the site. If he will and if funds are available then you won't need to move any stock that you don't want to keep.

Last edited by rover54; 26th November 2012 at 18:32..
rover54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2012, 19:59   #9
seancar
Banned

75 tourer and t4

Quote:
Originally Posted by rover54 View Post
how many bumpers have you got? I could find a home for some facelift bumpers both front and rear, I would store them in my loft and if you need to sell one I can dispatch it from my home. I also gives me stock if I have a problem with one of my cars and if I use one I will pay you.

Perhaps other members if they have room in their lofts might like a spares bumper for the cost of postage and a small donation, remember this is the type of item that isn't made any longer and it is now that these items need to be squirreled away if you intend to keep your car for a number of years. When they are gone, they are gone.

Sean how much is storage costs for your stock? I am in the process of setting up something which including a charity that will help keep these vehicles alive. What I am thinking of is getting this charity of the ground ASAP and asking for a donations from members to fund storage say for the next year or so, then everything will be set up to put the long-term survival of these vehicles on sound footings. There are 20,000 members on the books, say if 5000 donate £10 making £50,000 would that be sufficient to store your stock for a year. Gift aid will add another £12,500 making £62,500.

Ping the light has just gone on upstairs; just had a thought assuming there is sufficient donations from the membership, would your landlord be willing to rent your workshop as storage until he intends to build or sell the site. If he will and if funds are available then you won't need to move any stock that you don't want to keep.
mate i will store at my house for 62k they say charity begins at home lol. will talk when you come down
Old 26th November 2012, 20:01   #10
seancar
Banned

75 tourer and t4

Quote:
Originally Posted by stocktake View Post
Tried Jackie stallone?

thats wrong mate and like i said have not got 10 ton of it.

got vis motors today thank you more will be on way up to you soon