Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 18th May 2024, 07:04   #1
TeeCeeColley

Rover75 Saloon

Default Disable Traction Control with TOAF Mobile

I've used the windows edition of TOAF v0.5.00.43 on my R75 Connoisseur SE 2.5L V6 to do a few things, add a new remote to the key list, reschedule the service, initiate one touch window opening etc. Thought it was pretty good but didn't explore much further. I already had a VAG comms cable with the FTDI chipset that I use with TuneECU on my bikes, a KTM 1290 Superduke and a Triumph 1050 Speed Triple. I'm pleased to say it still works on the bikes even after solder looping pins 7 and 8 together so it works with TOAF.

Anyway, faced with a non functioning TCS (Traction Control System) courtesy of broken nylon gear teeth in the actuator assembly and a broken cable to the primary throttle butterfly, I wasn't too keen on having a constant warning light symbol in the instrument cluster. Thought I'd take the opportunity to try TOAF Mobile.

Easy download of v0.0.41 from Google playstore, simple registration process. Connected first time using my existing VAG cable but fitted with an USB-C Male To USB 3.0 OTG adapter so it would fit my Samsung Galaxy android phone.

Scanned the car, went straight to the IPK module, clicked on Coding, scrolled down to 'Traction Control'. selected 'not active'. Scrolled back up a little to 'Traction control on K-BUS' selected 'not active' (to disarm the error message function) and clicked 'Save'.

Gotta say I'm impressed, no messing with ZCS codes. We owe our Polish enthusiast friends a big note of thanks.

Last edited by TeeCeeColley; 18th May 2024 at 10:25..
TeeCeeColley is offline   Reply With Quote