Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 18th April 2009, 21:43   #1
Chris Broughton
Loves to post

2003 Rover 75 CDTi Tourer Connie SE + Projectors ,Chrome Grille +Hi Line Nav,Walnut Kit,Sunroof.

Default Iphone 3g With Hi Line Sat Nav

I am looking for an in car phone solution which does not cause interference to my Hi Line Nav. My Connie Tourer CDTI Auto is 2003 vintage and has the Harmon Kardon Upgrade.

I am a bit sad and have four mobiles plus the wifes when she is in the car
so would like them all to connect. They are IPHONE 3G HTC TOUCH PRO (THE WORK PHONE) Sony W810I and sony 880I.

I Currently use the IPHONE 3 G to play through the Cassete play via a belkin adapter which works very well in Aiplane mode and have a visor mounted sony rechargeable blue tooth unit which also causes interferance.

I am looking for a more permanent solution that plays through the great speaker and amp combo I has in may car that does not need charging all the time although I recognise that the bluetooth units on the market would not charge my array of phones as well.

Parrot do a new unit that is IPHONE compatible but not sure it will work with the Hi Line.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Chris
Chris Broughton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th April 2009, 23:21   #2
Reebs
Owners Club Director

Rover 75 Conn SE V6 / MG ZT 260 SE V8 / MG ZT 180 SE V6

Thanked 6,851 Times in 2,537 Posts

Chris, I don't know about the new Parrot unit, but I have had my Parrot CK3200 in my car for a couple of years now, and it works a treat.

It has it's own colour screen, so doesn't use the sat nav monitor, however, it is fully integrated into my Harmon Kardon audio system, and mutes the Sat Nav / CD / iPod / Radio or tape when making a call.

It routes the audio through the car speakers, and has voice activated dialing too.

It is powered by the car, and is fully bluetoothable to multiple handsets (although I think only one at a time- never tried it)

Here is my 'How To' for installing it (just for your information)

Hope that sheds some light for you.

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...ead.php?t=3789
Reebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th April 2009, 23:56   #3
Chris Broughton
Loves to post

2003 Rover 75 CDTi Tourer Connie SE + Projectors ,Chrome Grille +Hi Line Nav,Walnut Kit,Sunroof.

Default Iphone 3g

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reebs View Post
Chris, I don't know about the new Parrot unit, but I have had my Parrot CK3200 in my car for a couple of years now, and it works a treat.

It has it's own colour screen, so doesn't use the sat nav monitor, however, it is fully integrated into my Harmon Kardon audio system, and mutes the Sat Nav / CD / iPod / Radio or tape when making a call.

It routes the audio through the car speakers, and has voice activated dialing too.

It is powered by the car, and is fully bluetoothable to multiple handsets (although I think only one at a time- never tried it)

Here is my 'How To' for installing it (just for your information

Hope that sheds some light for you.

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...ead.php?t=3789
Thanks REEBS

Thats very helpfull

Your how to thread is clear concise and ver informative for all.

Cheers again

Chris
Chris Broughton is offline   Reply With Quote