Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > The Valeting Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 25th November 2012, 14:43   #1
James_Death
Gets stuck in

EX.2001 Rover 75 Conn SE 2.0, CDT,155 Brake, BRG

Default einszett Gummi Pflege Trial

Ok Folks had always meant to get some of this and when the post went up about available on Flea Bay at a good price i had to get some...

Now infact i got two and the seller even gave me a refund as a few seconds after ordering two individual ones i noticed they were doing 2 for less than the individual pricing....:wall:

Anyways i Digress.

Now for me this product is for one job only and thats the door and boot rubbers.

Been mentioned about using on trim but folk say it runs badly.

Myself i only ever imagined used on rubber seals.

If you have ever experienced frozen door rubbers its a gut wrenching feeling and situation.

You cannot open the door, your stomach is turning over for fear than if you full too hard your going to tear the rubber, and yes thats a strong possibility.

If you don't fully tear the rubber you could well pull some of the surface off and risk it sticking more often in the future.

So Prevention is better than cure they say.

Now Bottle is Small and one bottle weighed 117 grams and the other 120 grams.

Oh thats the weights with the cap on i know part of the weight will be the actual bottle but a starting weight will tell me how much weight of product i have used come the end.

Pleasant smell to the product citrus like in the vein of an air freshener glass cleaner, the slightly chemical citrus smell.

The applicator end has a foam disc on the top that holds the product for spreading once inverted and pressure applied.

The pressure pushes down a small red plastic plunger about half the way down the height of the foam pad allowing the product to soak into the foam.

Easy to apply, a shake of the bottle is stated on the instructions before application.

I started by dabbing on and spreading but after doing one door and the boot i found myself simply wiping along as i depressed the foam.

It is easy to see where you have been in most cases but will depend on how glossy your rubber seals are to start with i imagine.

Here we have a selection of sections treated an untreated...

Cannot notice that much once dried on the doors rubber...

Not too noticeable on the hatch rubber...

Now the rubbers fitted to the cars main body did show a more marked difference, this will im sure be down to the different rubber as its a much firmer rubber, more rubber in fact in consistency to the actual doors rubber that are much more foam like.

No sticky or even tacky residue and no transfer to the skin when wiped over once dry and even fresh application does not seam to transfer anything of note is at all.

The Finish is very natural does not look artificial and has a factory look to it.

What i did find is that due to the depth of the sill on the Polo and as such the all round depth to the cars door body recess that on the A pillar and right at the top of the car body door rubber i could not get the foam all the way in to the body as the bottles body would not allow me to get in so tight.

However this tiny strip i could never see it coming into contact with the doors seal so no sticking issues anyway but me just been a bit finicky wanted every tiny bit covered....:lol: If you really feel the OCD need then put some of the Gummi Pflege on a cotton bud to get into the tight tight spaces...:lol:

This is simply down to the cars door design and body many cars rubbers will be a distance away from the frame edges so would not be an issue in the first place.

The next day the Rubbers seamed just as they had after application the previous day.

Now i know it can be said well to really test it you need to leave one door untreated and another treated see if one sticks.

Thats a very valid point but you could be waiting months or years for that to happen or it could happen twice in a week.

Unlike most product tests this is a product thats used as a preventative measure because if you do have frozen seals you may well not have a functioning seal if you decide to yank the door open anyway.

Its Cheap and simple to use and after weighing the bottle again that started at 120 grams it now weighed 118 grams.

Thats after doing both the doors on the Polo, 3 door model by the way.

This included the seals to both the doors all round including the bottom edges also the rubbers around the car body's door recesses also the boot hatch rubber.

I didnt go sparingly either.

Oh just for reference the bottle lid weights 4 grams....

Ill Post how much used on the Rover later in the week...

James_Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2012, 17:47   #2
maxtherotti
Gets stuck in

mg zt-t 190 se, mg zs 180 saloon

been using this for years
swear by it (even use it on my caravan helps stop the window seals sticking too)

one thing you didnt mention is to wipe over the seals first to remove as much dirt as poss or your sponge applicator soon goes manky

Rob
Old 25th November 2012, 18:46   #3
James_Death
Gets stuck in

EX.2001 Rover 75 Conn SE 2.0, CDT,155 Brake, BRG

Very True should have stated apply to clean seals...
James_Death is offline   Reply With Quote