Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Closed Thread

Old 8th March 2010, 17:53   #781
italianstallion
Loves to post

Currently - Rover 75 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radioguy View Post
I have been around with the Chinese units for almost 4 years now.
The quality has steadily improved as well as features and prices !
With our program the risk is almost nil.

I have several units out there for years. But in the electronics business there is a higher risk for defects because of many factors. Climate, installation, misuse etc etc etc.

I remember in the 70's when MADE IN JAPAN meant poor quality ! Note above that 2 of the 3 names you mention are Japanese.
trust me the quality is getting better as is the service.
I do agree with you Radioguy, and as you know I've ordered one today myself. I'm a tech head, and I know China is booming in terms of industry, their turning out better stuff by the week. I had the pleasure of seeing the unit in action yesterday, from another owner, and although I only got to play for a while, these units do look and feel well made, but its what's on the inside that counts. All I'm saying is that if something goes wrong the implications of a return to base warranty are more costly and more complicated overseas then with regular UK distributors, but you have obviously factored these things into your price, which is I can say is fair. I can also say thank you for offering your support with the device even though I didn't purchase through you, this was unexpected and am grateful.

Last edited by italianstallion; 8th March 2010 at 18:53..
Old 8th March 2010, 18:23   #782
Janove
Regular poster

Rover 75 cdt

Thank you Sean, i have responded with my order on both email addresses:-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radioguy View Post
Just got it now on my personal account , Will be responding shortly
Old 8th March 2010, 19:50   #783
Radioguy
Banned

None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janove View Post
Thank you Sean, i have responded with my order on both email addresses:-)
Hi Janove

Thanks , Invoice is being processed !

Thanks
Old 8th March 2010, 19:52   #784
Radioguy
Banned

None

Quote:
Originally Posted by italianstallion View Post
I do agree with you Radioguy, and as you know I've ordered one today myself. I'm a tech head, and I know China is booming in terms of industry, their turning out better stuff by the week. I had the pleasure of seeing the unit in action yesterday, from another owner, and although I only got to play for a while, these units do look and feel well made, but its what's on the inside that counts. All I'm saying is that if something goes wrong the implications of a return to base warranty are more costly and more complicated overseas then with regular UK distributors, but you have obviously factored these things into your price, which is I can say is fair. I can also say thank you for offering your support with the device even though I didn't purchase through you, this was unexpected and am grateful.

Thank you for your words. Realizing this is why we aligned ourselves with an agent, and we do testing to at the very least reduce obviously defective units. (Which we do find). this eliminates headache heartache and "walletache" for all involved ! BUY WITH CONFIDENCE ! Nothing is 100% but I hope that our potential customers realize that they can buy with a more "western" style service through us.
Old 8th March 2010, 20:43   #785
Janove
Regular poster

Rover 75 cdt

Ok, so now my order has been placed with "radioguy" slightly more then KeenLu, but i feel that i get a bigger total value by placing my order with Sean.

But i will have to use my time to something while i wait for my unit to arrive and i have started to look into the maps software.

I have found that i have cd:s and original licens for Mobile Navigator6 from Navigon, and Mobile 7 from Route 66. I have one more memory card with some sort of navigational software on as well but i have not found out what drawer i have put that one in. The unit comes with IGO8 maps for western europe, but like i said. I am trying to use the time until the unit arrives to figure out options if i dont like the IGO8.

What do you guys think?
Old 8th March 2010, 20:59   #786
Radioguy
Banned

None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janove View Post
Ok, so now my order has been placed with "radioguy" slightly more then KeenLu, but i feel that i get a bigger total value by placing my order with Sean.

But i will have to use my time to something while i wait for my unit to arrive and i have started to look into the maps software.

I have found that i have cd:s and original licens for Mobile Navigator6 from Navigon, and Mobile 7 from Route 66. I have one more memory card with some sort of navigational software on as well but i have not found out what drawer i have put that one in. The unit comes with IGO8 maps for western europe, but like i said. I am trying to use the time until the unit arrives to figure out options if i dont like the IGO8.

What do you guys think?
Hi Janove
Thank you again for your confidence in us.
Here is a DEMO on youtube of the IGO8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gydl_Zsp9Do

Any Program/Map Which operates on the WINCE 5.0 OS Will function.
Old 9th March 2010, 11:46   #787
Radioguy
Banned

None

Hi Guys

If any others are agreed or ready to put deposits per my previous post for the units with RDS, Please send me an email to [email protected]
or my personal email [email protected] so I can get a final order in to them for the RDS. Deposit is 50% and will be safe via my agent whom I have been with for 3.5 years and is as honest as they come.

If you have anymore questions or doubts, please advise.
Old 9th March 2010, 13:27   #788
Radioguy
Banned

None

Hi

I have sourced a reverse camera which is designed to fit MG5 and MG7
My question to the thread is whether this will also fit the ZT and 75's ?
I will have photos, prices and specifications tomorrow of the camera which can be provided in both a wired or wireless version (with transmitter and receiver) to simplify installation.

Here is a photo of the rear of the car , provided by the factory, which they fit. usually into one of the license plate lights.

Also available is a camera for BMW3, BMW5, X5, X6

Last edited by Radioguy; 9th March 2010 at 13:33.. Reason: Add BMW
Old 9th March 2010, 14:09   #789
tony_fry
I really should get out more.......

BMW I3

Sean

P.M sent

Membership No 135
Old 9th March 2010, 15:40   #790
para999
Avid contributor