Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 13th July 2012, 10:38   #11
Steve916
This is my second home

Rover 75 1.8 Connoisseur SE and a Ford S-Max Titanium

Quote:
Originally Posted by keithybhoy View Post
All you guys should do a wee walk through in daftie terms as it has me interested but the tech talk dumbfounds me lol
Sorry Keith, I'll try explain
The Raspberry Pi is basically a very small computer. It's not capable of running Windows, but can run a simplified operating system called Linux. It only requires a 5vdc USB to power it. It has a couple of USB sockets on it, an HDMI socket, a video out socket, a 3.5mm socket for sound, and an sd card slot for the operating system to be installed on. To be used in a car, would require a display of some sort ( Sean dd unit or similar, anything with a video in socket). A wireless keyboard and mouse, or similar to control it. If you add a Bluetooth USB dongle to it, you can then tether it to your phone to get Internet access on it. You can install a Media Centre software for playing films, music etc from a USB stick. I will be connecting mine up to a roof mounted screen in the back of my car with 3 x infra red headphones to keep the kids happy They will be able to watch films, play games etc, whilst we have the radio and satnav up front on the dd unit..
Hope this makes a bit more sense
Plenums, bonnet release mod, handbrake compensator (arctic), rear parking sensors, coolant level sensor (Vindaloo), DRL's, Fan resistor upgrade ( Jules), Marmite lighting, Auto dimming rear view mirror, twin horns, fog lights, real walnut dash, walnut gear knob, Sean DD unit with DVB-T, message centre ipk, electric sun blind, auto opening boot lid, walnut steering wheel, electric seats

Link to my Auto Boot Lift Mod
http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...d.php?t=114273
Steve916 is offline   Reply With Quote