Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 26th July 2014, 00:22   #11
Polly
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT 260 SE, ZS120, ZR105

Sorry but my point was quite simple. Your insurance company must be informed of any modification to your car, even simple things like non standard wheels, or go faster stripes. You would normally confirm that at each renewal.
As for MOT yes it will pass. HID is not tested, only the beam cut off which will be OK with proper HID units. Also the car is tested with allowance for only the driver on board, with passengers in the back or a full boot, the situation could be berry different, hence the requirement for auto levelling.
However, if you read the attachment to my initial post, you will note that HID is actually illegal in UK. However DfT who are the people who enforce the law saw they would not object to anyone fitting proper HID units provided they are fitted in accordance with the EU regulation that permits them on new cars.
There are those on here that choose to take parts of their statement in isolation in order to prove differently.
DfT always make the point that they do not give legal advice, but bearing in mind that they are the government department that enforces the law, I think you would be very unwise to ignore their advise.
Please note also that although the document is dated 2010, it was their reply to my question this week.