Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 27th July 2010, 18:55   #11
workaholic_ro
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Saloon

Default Redesigned lower engine mount. Further steps!

Required materials: a broken old lower engine mount, a new polyurethane vibration dampener, a rag, a blunt knife, a propane/butane torch and a Rover 75:

Forgot about the pliers:

The flame must NOT touch the rubber, only the aluminium frame, which is hot enough when the rubber starts to smoke. That's the moment when it can be removed easily. At least this worked last time for a Mondeo rear tie rod...
We don't want to burn the old broken rubber, just to remove it:

This was not supposed to happen, we only needed the smoke !

Instant flame causes instant melted rubber drops which "decorate" the skin with instant blisters. Wear protective gloves ! (a little bit too late for me, this time - close pics censored)

Sandpaper an a few drops of solvent (remember the rag ?) and these parts are ready for mating:

....But the aluminium frame is a little bit too tight. In lack of a press or a vice, we called the cavalry:

Done !

Unfortunately my KV6 is not ready for the new part (which it was actually designed for), because this is how it looks since yesterday morning:

Therefore it will go to a friend's diesel, which probably needs it much more than the V6. Hopefully I'll be able to post some news in the next days.

Finished part (with the cavalry as background). It all took about 10 minutes (you may check the EXIF information)

Cheers,

Fidel

Last edited by workaholic_ro; 27th July 2010 at 19:13..
workaholic_ro is offline   Reply With Quote