Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 29th April 2012, 18:32   #1
Steve&Sam

MG ZT

Default MGZT CDT - A few problems.. need advice

Hi,
Having had my our MG ZT CDT for a few months, we are overly happy with it, although it has cost us a fair bit to get it up to standard..
We have a few small problems with the car that we want to get sorted, but not sure where to start.

Problem 1:
Over the last few days (since it started raining) the warning light has come on indicating that a door is still open. I think that the problem may be the bonnet pin as the car has had a new bumper at some point and the existing pin is missing the rubber cover.
Not sure how to start pin pointing the problem?

Problem 2:
This problem seems to be linked with problem 1. Or at least I think it is. After we lock the car about 15 minutes pass and then the hazzards start flashing. I assume that this is the alarm going off, but there is no sound so I am not sure?
Again not sure where to start with this one?

Problem 3:
The drivers door does not unlock with the key remote, although it will lock with it. The drivers door does not lock or unlock with the internal lock button.
Any suggestions?

Problem 4:
This has just started recently, but the engine seems to be lacking power in the lower rev ranges, but after around 1800 rpm it is ok, this is more noticable when in higher gears (e.g on motorway in 5th going from 50mph to 70mph) Looking on the forum I think this may be due to the MAF, but is there a way i can check if this is the case?

Problem 5:
There seems to be a light whistle/hiss noise coming from the passenger side of the car under acceleration, this is not a loud noise but can be heard when the radio is quiet. (probably nothing to worry about but thought i would mention it just in case)

Problem 6:
It is sometimes difficult to get the car into first gear, usual if It doesnt go in, releasing the clutch pedal then depressing it again seems to get it into gear.
The car has had a new clutch, DMF, slave cylinder and we have just replaced the master cylinder.

Its an 03 MGZT CDT, and it has done 87,000miles.

We are based near Maidstone, Kent if anyone can suggest anywhere to take the car that would be great.

Cheers

Sam and Steve

Last edited by Steve&Sam; 29th April 2012 at 18:55.. Reason: added Problem #6
Steve&Sam is offline   Reply With Quote