Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Closed Thread

Old 18th June 2012, 01:04   #51
Poppy
Banned

75 club 1.8 petrol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reebs View Post
Club rules:

8. You may not use the forums for commercial gain without the explicit agreement of the forum owners and purchasing a Trader Subscription. This includes advertising goods and services either publicly or via the PM facility. Furthermore, the PM facility CANNOT be used for unsolicited trading by ANY MEMBER of the forum - regardless of subscription level.

10. Do not advertise commercial products unless it is to aid another members with a problem. Any such advertisement must not be related to you, the member posting, in any way. A Trader's Subscription would be required to do so.

Bacconbuttyman has decided not to continue as a trader here, so he no longer has the right to sell items directly or indirectly on this forum, as per club rules above.

By putting up links to his site, which is a platform he created in order to sell his and other peoples wares without needing to be either a trader or indeed a subscribed member, he is circumventing the rules of selling on the owners club forums.

This act seriously undermines the way the owners club selling rules operate and could very easily have a profound effect on the operation of the forums for existing trader subscribers and the value of their subscriptions, as well as circumventing the added bonuses to subscribed members being able to sell here.

I am reminded of rule 11, which may well come in to play at this juncture....

11.You are prohibited from taking any action to disturb the use of the forum by other members in any way.

We have no problem in BBM setting up his own selling site, however to use this site as a space for free advertising is not permitted in this way.

Other third party forums may well have a free and open policy on selling using their platform, but then they are set up to operate as a different model.

We wish BBM and indeed Poppy (a new moderator there) every success with their venture, but if Baconbuttyman or any other member not a trader or subscriber here, wish to provide links to items they have listed for sale, they will need to abide by the established club rules we have in place I'm afraid.

I trust this helps clarifiy the situation.

Hiya Paul. Yes, it certainly does...This act seriously undermines the way the owners club selling rules....Please note..... I am in no way speaking up for or supporting BBman in way from a personal point of view.... What I have said tonight is my own take on things as to what has transpired through other posts...What I believe to be right or indeed wrong concerning the rules is really neither here or there. Whether I agree with them is a different thing all together. Now, question for you Paul..... If it had been me, just a member who had set a site up as such as this...... Would that have been acceptable as to BBman being of Trader status on here....? Just puzzled....Poppy
Old 18th June 2012, 01:04   #52
Topgear16
Loves to post

Rover 75 1.8T club se white gold auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas View Post
Mick pm sent to you and your thread has been reinstated,

as I said to you previously I was only checking that it complied with the club rules.
if you dont know the rules then you shouldnt be a mod resign
Old 18th June 2012, 01:05   #53
Poppy
Banned

75 club 1.8 petrol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rover54 View Post
So if a member places a request in the wanted section, it it ok to reply and provide a link to BBM's free site, as it will be in compliance with rule 10? Helping a member.

HMMM....
Old 18th June 2012, 01:06   #54
Poppy
Banned

75 club 1.8 petrol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topgear16 View Post
if you dont know the rules then you shouldnt be a mod resign

ERRRRRR, Thomas.....
Old 18th June 2012, 01:08   #55
Dragrad
This is my second home

None * DROWNED

Thanked 1,664 Times in 1,081 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppy View Post
Now, question for you Paul..... If it had been me, just a member who had set a site up as such as this...... Would that have been acceptable as to BBman being of Trader status on here....? Just puzzled....Poppy
To reply on Paul's behalf. .... BBM is no longer a trader on this forum.

Andrew
Ich Dien
Problem solving is... lateral thinking

SEARCH FIRST ...ASK LATER...

Old 18th June 2012, 01:11   #56
Poppy
Banned

75 club 1.8 petrol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragrad View Post
To reply on Paul's behalf. .... BBM is no longer a trader on this forum.

Right..... So what is the problem....
Oh, by the way Paul.....
We wish BBM and indeed Poppy (a new moderator there) every success
Thank you so much........ And I do really mean that., Poppy
Old 18th June 2012, 01:33   #57
Reebs
Owners Club Director

Rover 75 Conn SE V6 / MG ZT 260 SE V8 / MG ZT 180 SE V6

Thanked 6,851 Times in 2,537 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rover54 View Post
So if a member places a request in the wanted section, it it ok to reply and provide a link to BBM's free site, as it will be in compliance with rule 10? Helping a member.
As has been said, links to items for sale by forum members of this club who do not subscribe or hold a traders status (i.e. are selling an item there because they do not wish to pay the required amount here) would be in breach of rules as set out.

Quote:
Now, question for you Paul..... If it had been me, just a member who had set a site up as such as this...... Would that have been acceptable as to BBman being of Trader status on here....? Just puzzled....Poppy
No it would not have been acceptable Poppy. Anyone who tries to 'get round' the selling rules of the forum by creating their own platform openly, and indeed inviting existing members to use as well, is unlikely be greeted with open arms because of the detrimental effect it will have to the club.

By all means set up your own website to do whatever you wish, it’s a free country, but if it breaks the posted rules and causes damage to the operation of the club in the process, regardless of member, be they trader, registered user, or subscriber, that's not on.
Old 18th June 2012, 01:37   #58
Poppy
Banned

75 club 1.8 petrol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reebs View Post
As has been said, links to items for sale by forum members of this club who do not subscribe or hold a traders status (i.e. are selling an item there because they do not wish to pay the required amount here) would be in breach of rules as set out.

No it would not have been acceptable Poppy. Anyone who tries to 'get round' the selling rules of the forum by creating their own platform openly, and indeed inviting existing members to use as well, is unlikely be greeted with open arms.

By all means set up your own website to do whatever you wish, it’s a free country, but if it breaks the posted rules and causes damage to the operation of the club in the process, regardless of member, be they trader, registered user, or subscriber, that's not on.

Hiya Paul.... Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.I fully understand now..... So it is all monetary related at the end of the day.... Nothing to do with members being members but owners being owners then... Is that not correct...
Old 18th June 2012, 01:46   #59
Reebs
Owners Club Director

Rover 75 Conn SE V6 / MG ZT 260 SE V8 / MG ZT 180 SE V6

Thanked 6,851 Times in 2,537 Posts

Quote:
Hiya Paul.... Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.I fully understand now..... So it is all monetary related at the end of the day.... Nothing to do with members being members but owners being owners then... Is that not correct...
If I didn't know better I'd think you were spoiling for an argument Poppy. The answers have been given, as clearly as possible. It is plain to see you do not agree and wish to extend the debate further, however the original query has been addressed and the topic is therefore closed.
Closed Thread