Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Technology Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 23rd November 2007, 11:41   #11
BMC123
Posted a thing or two

2004 1.8 Connoisseur SE, 1999 XJ8

If the paper labels are not applied with almost military precision, they can "un-balance" the disc and thats what causes 80% of read failures. The rest can usualy be put down to failing hardware and bad media.

A trick with direct printing is NOT to use the default quality settings when printing. Use the manual settings and bring the quality back from Photo settings to normal (but not draft)

ah yes monitors, I bought a 22" widescreen and realised its actually bigger than my first TV
Old 23rd November 2007, 12:16   #12
carlpenn
This is my second home

2000 Wedgey Blue 2.5V6 Beauty

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMC123 View Post
If the paper labels are not applied with almost military precision, they can "un-balance" the disc and thats what causes 80% of read failures. The rest can usualy be put down to failing hardware and bad media.

A trick with direct printing is NOT to use the default quality settings when printing. Use the manual settings and bring the quality back from Photo settings to normal (but not draft)

ah yes monitors, I bought a 22" widescreen and realised its actually bigger than my first TV
lol !!! I got a shock at how much difference from my Old 17" CRT and this 19" TFT is !! Massive improvement and less strain trying to do stuff
Old 23rd November 2007, 16:02   #13
BigRuss
Premium Trader

75 CDT Tourer,2.5 Launch Saloon, Omipro MG/Rover (T4)

Thanked 1,340 Times in 661 Posts

Hi, I can recommend the Epson 300 series. I use mine with a continuous ink system so I never have to worry about running out of ink (saves a fortune in cartridges too!!!!).

Print results on cd and photos are good with easy to use software for your cd labelling.

Russ
BigRuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2007, 16:31   #14
Jürgen
Posted a thing or two

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlpenn View Post
Are Canon any good? I have always had Epson and now have a Lexmark which I am not fond of.
Yes, I can recommend Canon printers. My iP5000 is doing a good job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMC123 View Post
and the CD may be forced to bend, which isn't good either. Another reason is the adhesive used for the sticker, it may destroy the CD over the time.

So sticking a label on a CD increases the risk of loosing the data tremendously.