Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 21st April 2014, 17:48   #1
dadragon
Gets stuck in

Jaguar 3 litre sport. (Lee) Rover 75 Connoisseur T4'd (Roger) Rover 75 Connoisseur SE (Gaynor)

Default My current install - Single Din Sat Nav, Bluetooth, USB and Sub/Amp

Evening all,

Decided to take advantage of the good weather and finish off my ICE install today. The head unit has been in for awhile, a Blaupunkt Travelpilot Rome 56e:

The headunit is brilliant. Full UK postcode navigation and I was bundled the European maps too from the seller. The colour screen displays all the required info and junction/lane maps when needed to change or turn off. The voice over lowers the volume whatever station/music you are listening to and raises back once the lady has spoken lol And the sound quality is brilliant.

I bought the USB/Bluetooth kit for it which is hidden behind the dash and the microphone installed in the over headlight unit. The USB is in the glove box with the accessory socket and BMW torch I put in:

Todays job was the sub and amp. I have the H/K rear sub which had the original loom attached, so I made a molex connector from PC parts and ran the wiring across the shelf to the NS rear of the car where the amp was installed. Power from the battery as per usual ran down one side of the car, phono and amp on wire down the other side:

The amp is just bolted in to the rear carpet. Cable ties were used to tidy up the install:

Cd changer retained but disconnected, makes for a nice ornament I guess lol

dadragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2014, 18:24   #2
Walter
Posted a thing or two

zebadee

Question hk sub

does your hk sub give out good sound, mines is very faint
Walter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2014, 23:22   #3
dadragon
Gets stuck in

Jaguar 3 litre sport. (Lee) Rover 75 Connoisseur T4'd (Roger) Rover 75 Connoisseur SE (Gaynor)

Quote:
Originally Posted by walter.825coupe View Post
does your hk sub give out good sound, mines is very faint
It does indeed, better than my last HK setup which was driven by a 250 watt Kenwood amp. The Sony amp I have used this time around has a lot more settings to play with and is a better quality which is getting the best from the sub. The woofers in the HK unit aren't the greatest though so I may look to replace these in the future but as it stands the bass is nice, deep and crisp!

I understand the stock HK amp isn't the greatest and is rated at 180 watt. I know a good quality subwoofer is key but it's as equally important if not more so to use a descent amp to drive it.
dadragon is offline   Reply With Quote