Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 16th March 2015, 12:53   #21
burchy182
Avid contributor

Rover 75 2.0 CDTI Contemporary BRG (2005)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimn View Post
And it does look fantastic, and worth all the faffing around

There's a choice of a gazillion colours, but I've tried to match it to the dashboard orange but seeing as I'm colour blind it's probably not that close! Anybody know the RGB values of the dashboard orange?

Parts list:
  • Sony WX-GT90BT from Halfords - £129.99 (it seems to have gone up by £10 now)
  • Aerial adapter - £4.99
  • Double Din fascia adapter - £16.99
  • Autoleads pc99-x32 + patch lead - £19.75
  • Right angle stereo jack adapter - £3.00
In order to make it fit I had to pull out the air-con controls, remove the bracket from the back of the cubby-hole and the strip between the air-con controls and the head unit.

The steering wheel controls all work (although there are foibles) as does the bluetooth calls & music (I've not actually tried a CD in it, or the AUX!) and the USB music kind of works but not as well as I'd hoped as it doesn't seem to support playlists which is a PITA. I'm planning on doing a video review when I have a chance.

Jim
Looks really good. I was pondering on one of these units as well. Sounds like a bit of extra work involved but all worth it in the end. Shame I'm not nearer in case it all goes wrong and I'm in need of expert advice lol
burchy182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2015, 13:54   #22
MangoMan
This is my second home

Looking....

Thanked 1,111 Times in 868 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by njb View Post

Do you know if it plays mp3 files from a CD? I whittled my car CD collection down to two 6 CD cassettes a while back. Be nice to put those onto one CD as I don't fancy a usb pen sticking out of the dash.
Short answer, yes, it will.... Nearly all modern headunits, if they take a CD/DVD play MP3's.

See Page 13: http://pdf.crse.com/manuals/4440626111.pdf
Old 16th March 2015, 19:47   #23
njb
Avid contributor

Connie SE Tourer Automatic

Thanks for the replies, one of those small USB memory sticks looks like the way to go.
Will post a picture or two then I get it fitted.
On the Chagall; epoxied the intercooler, new Rainsports, new dampers,reseated loose injector,replaced windscreen sensor, new front suspension legs, new MAF, PCV, 4 Pagid discs, cleaned EGR, serviced, new sony head.

To do: refurb injectors, body work, fan, thermostat.
njb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st March 2015, 08:13   #24
burchy182
Avid contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by burchy182 View Post
Looks really good. I was pondering on one of these units as well. Sounds like a bit of extra work involved but all worth it in the end. Shame I'm not nearer in case it all goes wrong and I'm in need of expert advice lol
Hi. I think i'm going to get one of these units shortly. Would it be possible to see a picture of the complete dash with the stereo on at night time. The reason being I want to see how the amber compares to the dash amber when it is all lit up.
Hope you don't mind me asking.
Kind regards
Old 23rd March 2015, 03:22   #25
jimn
Avid contributor

Rover 75 CDT Club Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by burchy182 View Post
Hi. I think i'm going to get one of these units shortly. Would it be possible to see a picture of the complete dash with the stereo on at night time. The reason being I want to see how the amber compares to the dash amber when it is all lit up.
Hope you don't mind me asking.
Kind regards
I'll try, although I will say that I'm colour blind so what looks close enough to me may look off for 'normal' people, also you have full RGB control of the colours so the chances are that you can get it fairly accurate.
Replace broken window switches, fit warning triangle, remove mobile phone aerial & wiring, replace boot cover (now includes 'dog' net), new clutch (122,740 miles), Jules' plenum guard, replace Harmony, new Bosch MAF (129,597 miles)

To Do
Fog lights (bought, to be fitted), aux power (bought, to be fitted)
jimn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2015, 08:06   #26
burchy182
Avid contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimn View Post
I'll try, although I will say that I'm colour blind so what looks close enough to me may look off for 'normal' people, also you have full RGB control of the colours so the chances are that you can get it fairly accurate.
Many thanks. Really appreciate it if you could. Gonna pop to Halfords to have a play later on today :-)
Old 3rd June 2015, 21:14   #27
njb
Avid contributor

Connie SE Tourer Automatic

Snap, even managed to get my left knee in the frame, same as jimn.
Really pleased with this stereo, good sound and lots of features for the price, hands free phone is excellent.
Fitting took a bit of head scratching but wasn't too bad in the end.I used the rubber spigot from the symphony with an M4 screw along with two straps at the front.

Niall
On the Chagall; epoxied the intercooler, new Rainsports, new dampers,reseated loose injector,replaced windscreen sensor, new front suspension legs, new MAF, PCV, 4 Pagid discs, cleaned EGR, serviced, new sony head.

To do: refurb injectors, body work, fan, thermostat.
njb is offline   Reply With Quote