Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 26th November 2015, 20:52   #21
wraymond
This is my second home

75 Auto 2.5 SE

Thanked 1,680 Times in 1,014 Posts
Default Daesh

Ah well, that’s settled that then! Kill everything in sight, and for next half-life of 10,000 years (the minimum time it will take for the radio activity to decay) devastate thousands and thousands of square miles with a big bomb!

Doesn’t matter that Daes are unidentifiable, that they actually want to die as martyrs, that ‘we’ are giving them exactly what they want and killing the planet for ourselves as well! Oh, and of course, they are amongst us as we speak!

Maybe it’s as well that not everybody can be an MP and be charged with the responsibility of what is in fact their very first and prime duty – the safety and security of the citizens. It’s OK to lash out in rage at what has been happening when there is no chance that you have to take responsibility for it, thankfully there are wiser heads to prevail. The same people that curse the name of Blair now join the clamour for war, war, war! It won’t work, never has, and never will.

When your back is against the wall, and that hasn’t happened so far, you can’t outrun a bullet or a bomb, it’s impossible. You have to get smart, smarter than the other guy, and enlist the help and support of other interested parties to eradicate the offenders permanently. That means remove the huge financial assistance an operation takes to maintain. Prevent the provision of weapons and supplies that mysteriously your ‘friends’ are giving them, squash the mindbending and indoctrination in your own towns (stuff the limp-wristed bleats of the soppy appeasers) and, that old chestnut, speak softly and carry a big stick.

For the removal of any doubt, the current bombing of Daesh in Iraq has been ineffective. The proposed bombing of Syria will be as successful and only kill more innocent people than terrorists and the tiny force to be used will add nothing to the present debacle. What counts is what works and more of the same futility will be a waste of our soldiers’ lives. So, from me: no, not in my name.
Old 26th November 2015, 21:47   #22
Typhoon190
This is my second home

MG ZT-T 190 Monogram Typhoon

My worry is the bombing will create far more enemies and opposition than it will ever destroy, not to mention the loss of innocent lives, cost, damage etc etc etc etc etc
Typhoon190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2015, 04:25   #23
Kennyeth
This is my second home

No more Rover

Thanked 1,308 Times in 998 Posts

They need to wiped out, we know (government) where they are.
With the Kurds on the ground and if the Iraqis get some backbone and come out of hiding......
........it can be achieved and the sooner the better.
So yes, bomb them relentlessly.
Ken.
Kennyeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2015, 07:11   #24
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

Thanked 5,083 Times in 3,114 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MangoMan View Post
Yeah sure, let's create a peaceful solution by dropping more bombs.... Certainly worked in Iraq and Libya...!!

I mean good old George W had the right idea.... Bomb them, shock and awe...

He also said...."Iraq without Saddam Hussein would be an example of freedom in the Middle East".

And we went right along with him....

"FOOLS"!

So I guess you have my answer!
I agree Bill, firstly since they took out Saddam and Gadaffi,the Middle East has torn itself apart even more, . Whilst I had no liking for either of them, there was less terrorism when they were in charge.
In response to George's question, I say no, it will give them a.reason to attack the UK in doing so,as with other replies, the amount of innocents that will die., not that IS give a stuff how many innocent people die, but two wrongs don't make it right.
Old 27th November 2015, 09:07   #25
murphyv310
This is my second home

Hyundai i10 998cc

Thanked 2,298 Times in 1,349 Posts

Hi.
I think we all agree Isis have to be destroyed, how its done is another thing. The fact that we know the cells are dotted all over the place, means that they will continue to recruit and brainwash vulnerable people world wide, even if we were lucky enough to wipe Syria off the map.
Yes we may think neuk them but the consequences are dire, guaranteed it would start another world conflict that we would be part of, conscription, the threat of even more reprisals and full blown nuclear war, some seem to forget Japan and they were small bombs compared to today's offerings.
No matter what we do, innocent people will die, that's the nature of war, we either have to accept that fact or sit back and do nothing. We do need ground forces and the aerial strikes but Isis wont be easy to route out, expect this conflict to be long and protracted.

George you be careful out there in your cab, you never know who might be sitting behind you

Last edited by murphyv310; 27th November 2015 at 09:11.. Reason: spelling
murphyv310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2015, 11:10   #26
Simondi
Regional Secretary

MGTF, MG ZS EV Exclusive

Thanked 3,563 Times in 1,857 Posts

I know ISIS need to be stopped but i dont belive more death and hatred is the way.

Just my view.

I suppose sometimes there is no other alternative but i dont agree with killing people. I know i couldnt do it myself.

Very difficult question.
Simondi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2015, 13:19   #27
WillyHeckaslike
This is my second home

Rovers 75 & 25

No.
WillyHeckaslike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2015, 14:18   #28
murphyv310
This is my second home

Hyundai i10 998cc

Thanked 2,298 Times in 1,349 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simondi View Post
I know ISIS need to be stopped but i dont belive more death and hatred is the way.

Just my view.
The problem though Simon is the hate from Isis, they will continue to do this which will result in more innocent people dying, not only in the "west" but in their own surrounding countries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simondi View Post
I suppose sometimes there is no other alternative but i dont agree with killing people. I know i couldnt do it myself.
Very difficult question.
That's the problem, what other way can we solve this. I don't advocate wars but these people will never ever negotiate, they need to understand the world will not tolerate their behaviour and they must understand the rest of the world have to remove their despicable organisation, unfortunately force seems to be the only way forward.

Yes Simon a very difficult question
Old 27th November 2015, 14:25   #29
FLYER
Banned

rover75 cdti AUTO TOURER 160 bhp.

Thanked 3,685 Times in 2,463 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillyHeckaslike View Post
No.
A man of few words .

One in fact.....
FLYER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2015, 15:45   #30
trebor
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDTi Connoisseur SE & MG ZT Saloon 190

Thanked 1,877 Times in 885 Posts

i wondered what difference another few air strikes would make given that France and Russia are now wading in, not to mention the US , but then I heard this and if you have not heard it before please take a few minutes as it is a real eye opener about this and previous bombing missions in other conflicts

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-34916209

Robs Car Gallery

Coven near Wolverhampton WV9

2000 Cowley Built Rover 75 2.0 V6 Club SE/ Atlantic Blue/ Sandstone/Walnut (daily driver)
2003 Land Rover Freelander 1 TD4 HSE Helsinki Blue/Black Leather (swmbo daily driver)
trebor is offline   Reply With Quote