Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 21st March 2017, 16:09   #11
Caskin
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by willster View Post
I can recomend the klarius , its as quiet as the original in my book and very reasonably priced . Even if you need two over the next few years its still less than half the price of a stainless system.
Would you recall price or supplier?
Purchased 52 plate V6 connie Wedgewood blue,one owner,42000 on clock ,Virtually pristine.2017 service,new Goodyear tyres,Discs and pads all round,new battery,New cam and timing belts (3rd fitting in life of car),plus full normal service.exhaust 2016.First mod was to bonnet catch .Latest mod,triple heart pace maker. All brake lines changed for copper, all brake hoses changed for Pagid hoses.
Caskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2017, 15:49   #12
Neil1
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT-T CDTI Auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caskin View Post
Hi Neil First thing noted we are from the same neck of the woods!!Do you have a Klarius fitted? If so is your bus a tourer?Is it quiet interior wise?
In the past I have always had saloons,V6 and diesel, changed to tourer in the hope of avoiding coil spring problems, anyhow in the cars no problems with interior but with the tourer there is at the moment a booming resonance especially at low revs.The exhaust is new, garage chosen and fitted, so possibly run of the mill cheap. certainly has a round end box, as opposed to original oval?
Klarius I note has oval box as OEM,what I would like is some clarification from tourer owners that it capable of absorbing noise and not creating interior resonance?
There must be any amount of Forum tourer owners happy with which ever exhaust they have fitted, so would be nice to get some feedback,,,,,but so far your Klarius suggestion is best
I'm not that far away from yourself.

Mine's a saloon and I think it still has the original Rover exhaust on as the car has only done just over 51,000 miles from new.

I did own an MG ZT-T CDTi for a year which had a full Klarius straight through exhaust on, (not fitted by me).
It went extremely well especially as it had a 160 remap and all the other mods done to it.
Sadly I had to sell it due to being very ill and unable to keep both cars on the road. My Rover 75 didn't move for 7 months and the ZT for 4 months.

The member I bought it off and who bought back off me is Matt Darke, send him a PM he will give you far more information than I can.

Garages don't always make the best recommendations.

I'm lucky in that department because some good friends of mine own an extremely good garage and what I tend to do is I supply the parts and they fit them for me.

I will be having a new exhaust this year but I will be going down the stainless steel route and I'm after a performance exhaust, not really bothered about additional noise in fact I prefer it, that's the childish part of me, brings back memories of my misspent youth in quick cars.

There is a Longlife Exhaust Centre in Plymouth, doesn't hurt to ask if you are interested - https://www.longlife.co.uk/Longlife-Plymouth
Neil1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2017, 18:10   #13
RoverDan
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Saloon, Tourer, Limo

I used the Longlife agent in Taunton to have a cat back system made/installed on the Tourer. Discussed options for muted sound, very pleased with results.

Remember a stainless exhaust will sound tinny when new until it's "settled in". Can't remember the exact price but think it was about £340 plus VAT.

CDT
auto Club Saloon
CDT
auto Connoisseur SE Tourer
CDT
auto Connoisseur MacNeillie Limousine
RoverDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2017, 18:22   #14
Fusilier
Moderator / RS North East

MG ZT T 180,MGF Freestyle, Jaguar XKR Convertible and XF

Thanked 2,231 Times in 1,309 Posts