Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 29th August 2018, 16:29   #21
Dawn
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT 180+ auto

Thanked 1,128 Times in 504 Posts

If its not going to blow my gasket I think I will risk it. I have nothing to lose. My Cavalier is another story. Not sure what to do with that as it already sits most of the time.
Dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th August 2018, 10:09   #22
RobSun
Gets stuck in

MGZTT

Something I forgot to put in my last post is that the introduction of E10 also proposes the phasing out of 98 Ron super unleaded because it has less ethanol in it. This is concerning to those who have modern cars that require it mainly the supercar and high power owners. My daily drivers handbook says my Volvo will run on 95 Ron unleaded but recommends 98Ron super unleaded for better running, performance and fuel consumption. For most of the time around the city and local runs I use 95 Ron. The difference in consumption is less than the cost makes it worthwhile, but there is a definite improvement on long runs and performance and engine smoothness are improved.
RobSun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th August 2018, 11:24   #23
Dawn
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT 180+ auto

Thanked 1,128 Times in 504 Posts

There are additives for that problem though. Its just other damage. I think we will be ok but my older Cavalier wont.
Dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th August 2018, 12:57   #24
Gigagator
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Saloon, Rover 25, Mazda 6

Apparently, the list of vehicles that may not be compatible with E10 includes cars that have not been officially tested by the manufacturers, and not just ones that are known to be incompatible.

My guess is that would be why MG Rover models aren't listed as compatible as the manufacturer isn't around anymore to carry out such tests.

Quote:
E10 incompatible, in this case, includes vehicles where there is no information available. This might be because the manufacturer is no longer a functioning business, or because it is a very small company.
Compatibility was determined using a risk-averse strategy - only cars explicitly compatible were classed as such.

Last edited by Gigagator; 30th August 2018 at 13:00..
Gigagator is offline   Reply With Quote