Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 22nd July 2009, 18:54   #1
italianstallion
Loves to post

Currently - Rover 75 Saloon

Default Purchased a Headrest DVD setup, need some help.

Back again in need some more friendly advice.

I've purchased the below headrest dvd setup from Ebay to install on my ZT, for my long trip to Scotland with kids. http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...lenotsupported

I'm getting it tomorrow, but I've never fitted any car electrics before, not even a stereo so am clueless. My main concern is in installing the electric, with the minimum amount of wire mess, so really looking for the easiest way to do this. I'm not sure where to connect wires, and how to get at them easily, so a step by step guide would really help me. If I can't manage it myself, I'll probably have to go an auto electrician but they will probably charge me a lot, and this purchase has put me dead broke after the synergy, and egr upgrades that I had to do.

Any advice appreciated, if I can gain an understanding of what I need to do I should be ok.
italianstallion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2009, 19:04   #2
GreyGhost
Banned

180+ Sport Auto

Off to the ICE forum with you. That's the place to get this one noticed.
GreyGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2009, 20:02   #3
italianstallion
Loves to post

I think the specific advice I need is how to remove the seat backs without braking them, and how to access the power supply under cigarette lighter.
Old 22nd July 2009, 20:17   #4
CDTi
This is my second home

No longer in the MGR club

Quote:
Originally Posted by italianie View Post
I think the specific advice I need is how to remove the seat backs without braking them
I didn't have hard backs on mine but another member on here recently gave a good description of how to do it.

edit: have you seen this thread: http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...ad.php?t=40794

Last edited by CDTi; 22nd July 2009 at 20:19..
CDTi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2009, 21:29   #5
italianstallion
Loves to post

Default Its all done

Well it took me a trip to Maplins, and a considerable amount of time but were all up and running.

Basically the hardest bit was taking the hard back seat panels from the rear of the seats. I ended up snapping one of the plastic clamps on both seats, but it hasn't really hurt it, they've gone back in just as snug as they were, so nothing is noticeable.

I then routed the wiring by pulling the av / power cables, through the back of the seat, out from the bottom sides and then under the plastic into the centre console. I spliced the 12v positive / negative power cables to a new car cigarette adapter plug with a premium coiled type flex cord, and this was routed into the box under the front centre rest, so is completely hidden when not in use. To use all I do is lift the centre rest, and pull the coiled adapter into the cigarette socket, and voila both screens / Dvds are powered. I must say the coiled cord blends in perfect like its part of the car, so I don't think I'll bother with any further wiring to mains, this is fine.

What I really love though, is that the black leather head rests match my car perfectly, and it has a zip cover so screens can be concealed for security. I will post pics tomorrow.

The kids will be spoiled!!!
Old 23rd July 2009, 21:46   #6
CDTi
This is my second home

No longer in the MGR club

Your cars journeys will be changed forever i.e. no more "are we there yet" or "I'm bored" from the little rear seat passengers

Well done.

CDTi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2009, 21:57   #7
Lates
This is my second home

Jaguar XE

Lates is offline   Reply With Quote