Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum > Sat Nav Hardware & Software > Double Din Navigation Systems
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 17th May 2011, 20:03   #241
MARKUK
Gets stuck in

ROVER 75 2.0 CD DIESEL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrmanbag View Post
Hi mark,
I've just fitted one of Seans headunits and have the same problem with reception, I have e-mailed Sean but am awaiting a reply. Are there any more TMC amps available?
I will wait for a response from Sean, as, from what I understand, he is subsidising the amps, before placing an order (that is if they are still available).
Sorry for being a bit slow on the uptake regarding your amp!

Stuart
Hiya,

I dont have any in stock at the moment, but could probably build one for you

Tony may have one going spare, otherwise I can build one.

If anyone else wants one let me know as its better to do them in one go

Use the Mail Me link below

*** NO TMC MOD KITS AVAILABLE !! ***

See the TMC / RADIO VIDEOS HERE....

Send me an Email HERE….

Signup for Sugarsync HERE..

http://sincemylastcigarette.com/bann...GBP_5_dark.png

MARKUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2011, 16:34   #242
picky747
Gets stuck in

ROVER

For anyone having reception troubles on the mark one unit without TMC I may have come across something that may help.I don't know if it will work on the mark two with TMC as I don't know if the setup is the same.What you need to do is go to the main setup page on the unit and select SYSTEM and then OTHER.Enter the password which on mine is 126 so I suspect it's the same on everyones and press enter.This takes you to the factory setting menu where you will see two settings,FM SMET and AM SMET.The settings range from 0 to 255 and was set to 135 on mine.This appears to be used to set the sensitivity of the tuner ,0 being the most sensitive.As an experiment I set the AM to 255 and saved it,when pressing the scan button on the radio it only picked up one station in the 600 region.On resetting it to 0 in the menu it picked up multiple channels that it couldn't receive before.So now I have both the FM and AM settings set to 0 and it works just fine.I hope this is some help to anyone with reception problems.

Last edited by picky747; 18th May 2011 at 16:36..
picky747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2011, 16:55   #243
VVC-Geeza
This is my second home

2005 Connoisseur SE 1.8 Turbo,2004 45 1.8 Connoisseur and my beloved 1998 VVC Coupe.

Thanked 1,016 Times in 739 Posts

Very interesting,i would certainly like more clarity on AM and a better choice of stations.Will have to see if it works on the MK2.Thanks.

VVC-Geeza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2011, 17:26   #244
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Thanked 2,061 Times in 1,586 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by VVC-Geeza View Post
Very interesting,i would certainly like more clarity on AM and a better choice of stations.Will have to see if it works on the MK2.Thanks.
It does

Except it has RDS + FM + AM settings. (111, 135, 111)

I feel a need to experiment a little

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...40#post1764540

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
HarryM1BYT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2011, 17:43   #245
VVC-Geeza
This is my second home

2005 Connoisseur SE 1.8 Turbo,2004 45 1.8 Connoisseur and my beloved 1998 VVC Coupe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryM1BYT View Post
It does

Except it has RDS + FM + AM settings. (111, 135, 111)

I feel a need to experiment a little
What good news

I did wonder if there was a way to fine tune things

Old 18th May 2011, 18:01   #246
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

OK, it does what it says on the tin, but a little warning.....

It seems to be an RF Gain control, which turns up the amplification of the incoming signals - ALL of the incoming signals, the ones you want and the rest that you don't want. Turn the setting up too much and if you happen to be close by an high power transmitter, but listening to another weak station - then the weak stations reception will be swamped by the powerful one close by. So a bit of a trade off really.

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

Old 20th May 2011, 16:45   #247
VVC-Geeza
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by picky747 View Post
For anyone having reception troubles on the mark one unit without TMC I may have come across something that may help.I don't know if it will work on the mark two with TMC as I don't know if the setup is the same.What you need to do is go to the main setup page on the unit and select SYSTEM and then OTHER.Enter the password which on mine is 126 so I suspect it's the same on everyones and press enter.This takes you to the factory setting menu where you will see two settings,FM SMET and AM SMET.The settings range from 0 to 255 and was set to 135 on mine.This appears to be used to set the sensitivity of the tuner ,0 being the most sensitive.As an experiment I set the AM to 255 and saved it,when pressing the scan button on the radio it only picked up one station in the 600 region.On resetting it to 0 in the menu it picked up multiple channels that it couldn't receive before.So now I have both the FM and AM settings set to 0 and it works just fine.I hope this is some help to anyone with reception problems.
I've had a good play with these settings on my MK2, and adjusting them has definitely been of benefit to reception in my case.I found that if i took the FM and RDS settings right back to O it actually degraded the signal but if i backed it off to 50 it noticeably improved it.I have set AM at O and this has seen a huge improvement on all stations.As per above,i have also been able to pick up several more staions on both bands with the new settings.

Thanks for the heads up.

Last edited by VVC-Geeza; 20th May 2011 at 17:27..
Old 20th May 2011, 17:17   #248
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

Quote:

Thanks for the heads up.
..and a thanks from me too.

I wonder what SMET stands for?

Signal M? E? T?

What ever, mine is a little bit more sensitive on all bands, probably too sensitive at 0, 0, 0 on FM, but AM was OK. It was still hunting to retune for an alternative frequency for R4 as I approached Wetherby last night, as it has done everytime since I resolved the reception issues.

Last week I realised it doesn't seem to store pretuned frequencies on FM so much as store the fact that it is set for (for instance) R4 and the last good frequency it found it on.

Old 22nd May 2011, 17:03   #249
tony_fry
I really should get out more.......

BMW I3

Quote:
Tony Fry has a new one for sale.

Sorry the one I had, has already been sold to another member.

Membership No 135
tony_fry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2011, 17:36   #250
MARKUK
Gets stuck in

ROVER 75 2.0 CD DIESEL

I have two members who are wanting a mod kit, if anyone else wants one, check out the posts and videos and if you want one send me a mail via the link below..

Cheers

*** NO TMC MOD KITS AVAILABLE !! ***

See the TMC / RADIO VIDEOS HERE....

Send me an Email HERE….

Signup for Sugarsync HERE..

http://sincemylastcigarette.com/bann...GBP_5_dark.png

MARKUK is offline   Reply With Quote