Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Touring Boating Camping & Caravan Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 16th March 2012, 08:55   #11
DennisA
Loves to post

Rover 75 CDTi Auto Saloon

Understand your problem but according to my info the unladen weight of a CDTi ZT-T is Manual 1585-1670Kgs and Auto 1620 - 1705Kgs. (from my 12/2003 handbook).

The actual weight of your car between these parameters depends on the spec and options fitted, but even if you go for the lowest unladen weight figure 1585kgs you car is still above the 1500kg weight of the loaded caravan and if you take the highest figure 1705Kgs and add the 1500kg loaded caravan at 3205kgs it is still below the maxm gross train weight of 3500kgs - so cannot see the problem?

The over-riding factor for everyone no matter when they passed their test is any Rover 75 CDTi cannot tow more than 1600kgs braked!

I have been driving since 1964 so do not have this problem, but will need to have the human version of an MOT in a couple years to see if I am fit for the road?

Brgds Dennis
DennisA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2012, 09:03   #12
DennisA
Loves to post

Rover 75 CDTi Auto Saloon

Should have added one more thing, I am almost certain that it is what is on the labels and the various makers instructions that count in the eyes of the law, NOT what you put or do not put in the caravan or car. i.e getting heavier car still does not mean you can overload your caravan - although after seeing some of the contraptions coming of the Dublin ferry at Holyhead when I was working as an engineer onboard makes one wonder why we bother as they seem to get away with huge garden sheds strapped to angle bar and drove straight past the officals on into the North Wales hinterland?

Brgds Dennis
DennisA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2012, 10:13   #13
mikey_32
Loves to post

Rover 75 Tourer 02 club se cdt remapped

I used to tow our 26ft twin axle (1600kgs) behind my Rover before I sold it, the car towed really well, the only thing I would say though is I have always found an unladen caravan to be unstable compared to a laden one, so maybe just carefull loading close to around the 1500kgs and I'd have thought you'd have a perfectly stable tow.
Old 17th March 2012, 12:04   #14
ashleywood.ash
Loves to post

ZT-T

you cant alter weights of the car or the minimum weight of the caravan, but you can alter the max load weight of the caravan providing you have the plate correctly altered as this is the only info police and VOSA go from.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DennisA View Post
Should have added one more thing, I am almost certain that it is what is on the labels and the various makers instructions that count in the eyes of the law, NOT what you put or do not put in the caravan or car. i.e getting heavier car still does not mean you can overload your caravan - although after seeing some of the contraptions coming of the Dublin ferry at Holyhead when I was working as an engineer onboard makes one wonder why we bother as they seem to get away with huge garden sheds strapped to angle bar and drove straight past the officals on into the North Wales hinterland?

Brgds Dennis
ashleywood.ash is offline   Reply With Quote