Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 10th July 2007, 16:56   #121
Mel75
Regular poster

Rover 75 Saloon 1.8T Classic

Ross75 it is just as tourerfogey has said i understand where he is coming from, i to have had a lot of other cars, my last one a Vectra 2.2 CDX it was a very good car well made in Germany, i thought so much of it that i kept it for six years (normally change every three years befor MOT) done 60000 miles with no problems everything worked on the day i sold it.

My 75 is good but, on a long journey my wife gets back ache in the passenger seat and my son and daughter remarked that the rear seats are not as comfortable, all in all my family preferred the Vectra.

My wifes uncle had a top of the range V6 75, everything on it he now has an X Type witch he prefers, so all 75s are not the perfect answer for everyone

I thought this forum is supposed to support all 75s i wish people wouldn't keep knocking the 1.8 basic versions, have you ever owned a 1.8 Ross or are you going on hearsay ? it seems that if you haven't got a high spec Diesel or a V6 then you are not worthy

Mel75
Mel75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2007, 17:31   #122
JohnDotCom

Rover 75 FaceLift Tourer CDTi 170BHP Auto ConnSE 2005 Model Starlight Silver

I think that everyone is allowed their own feelings and making Statements on their cars without reverting to the "mines bigger than yours" syndrome.
If every one thought exactly the same and no one had any faults or problems then the Club would not be used as much.
Some people have not had many problems at all, Some loads and loads and others absolutely nothing which also reflects in their view point.
The 1.8 engine if watched and water levels checked regular can be as reliable as other engines, maybe with less power, and ecconomy.
I love my car, I have had many other Models and Makes but my last 2 75's for ME are the best available. I still have the 620Ti and 620DSLi also.
If a colleque thinks his car is the Dogs whatsits then thats also fine, but I have seen a few unhappy looks when the Mondeo drivers and some of the jaguar drivers return to their own vehicles after coming out for a spin in my Diesel!
So lets all keep it friendly and respect each others views please.

Last edited by JohnDotCom; 10th July 2007 at 17:52.. Reason: Spelling correction
JohnDotCom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2007, 17:45   #123
Jules
This is my second home

ZT 260 SE Twilight and 10 other 75 ZT's :O

Thanked 1,116 Times in 763 Posts

Central locking faults??!!

Fraid I haven't experienced any faults like that on over fifty 75 ZT's that have been my way last 2 years!

Newbies do now!!
1. Plenum drains..all 3 or 4 year dependent
2. Cooling fan..All speeds functioning
3. Bonnet cable divider block
Jules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2007, 19:44   #124
Ross R75
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mel75 View Post
Ross75 it is just as tourerfogey has said i understand where he is coming from, i to have had a lot of other cars, my last one a Vectra 2.2 CDX it was a very good car well made in Germany, i thought so much of it that i kept it for six years (normally change every three years befor MOT) done 60000 miles with no problems everything worked on the day i sold it.

My 75 is good but, on a long journey my wife gets back ache in the passenger seat and my son and daughter remarked that the rear seats are not as comfortable, all in all my family preferred the Vectra.
We all prefer different things Mel. I was very happy with my Vectra B when I had it and was a member of vvoc.com. In my opinion and for the uses I put it to, it wasn't a patch on either of my 75s. The 2.2 in the Vectra had lots of problems, just as it would appear some would say of the 75. Short life of cam, crank and air mass sensors regularly threw the ECU into limp mode and blocked oil jets to the cam chain caused them to snap with a pretty huge repair bill. Looks like you had a good'un. I generally don't carry passengers in the back so rear seat comfort isn't an issue for me. SWMBO has yet to complain about back pain from the passenger seat and she completed over 1000 miles in it last week. She loves the 75 far more than anything we've owned in the past.

Quote:
My wifes uncle had a top of the range V6 75, everything on it he now has an X Type witch he prefers, so all 75s are not the perfect answer for everyone
As I said, everybody is entitled to their preference.

Quote:
I thought this forum is supposed to support all 75s i wish people wouldn't keep knocking the 1.8 basic versions, have you ever owned a 1.8 Ross or are you going on hearsay ? it seems that if you haven't got a high spec Diesel or a V6 then you are not worthy

Mel75
I have driven many 75/ZT 1.8s both turbo and normally aspirated although I haven't owned one. The threat of HGF was too much of a worry for me to buy that particular engine taking into account the amount of long trips I do. The BMW 2.0 diesel lump was really the only sensible option for me.

I am a 75/ZT enthusiast whether it be a Cowley built 1.8 Classic or a last of the line V8, they are all great cars and have a spirit and elegance that other manufacturers could only dream of. It doesn't matter to me one little bit what model of 75/ZT any member of this site drives. Mine is hardly top of the range.
Old 11th July 2007, 10:54   #125
Mel75
Regular poster

Rover 75 Saloon 1.8T Classic

Yes Ross you are right, and as tourerfogey states mine must be a parts special when i put it in for service at a Rover repair centre recently i ask them to value it, but they couldn't give me a true value my spec wasn't listed its not a classic or anything else.

All i am trying to say is that the 75 has just as many bad ones as good in all specs, the same as any other car, they are not all the bees knees and i hope that if potential 75 owners come to this site and read my posts they will choose more carefully when they come to purchase and not assume that every 75 and MG is going to be the answer to their prayers.

I don't want to upset anyone or be totally negative i also understand that this site is here to promote the MG/75 and can well do without any negativity, i like my 75 and wont be getting shot of it any time soon

I will go away now

Mel75
Mel75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2007, 11:27   #126
Zeb
Banned

MGZT V8 & ZTT 190+LPG

Mel, don't go away! Your 'parts special' may be an ultra rare (no really!) Campaign Edition. What spec is it?
Zeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2007, 22:06   #127
Graham1961
Moderator / RS East Scotland

Rover 75 1.8 Conn Se saloon

Default Rover 75/ Mg-zt competent cars.

The R75 is much more than "competent" , It is a very distinctive car that quietly exudes class, (more sporting in the case of the zt) The interior is as has been suggested a gentlemans club that you will always look forward to getting into. On the build quality side they are very good and the finish is excellent, one thing i will say these cars inspire a sense of pride that you might not get with lesser cars. The R75/ZT is in a class above (no disrespect) mondeos, vectras, but in many cases cost less to buy.
Graham1961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2007, 22:15   #128
apxc15

Rover 75 Tourer CDTi Connoisseur SE.

The 75 is Beautiful to look at, a pleasure to sit in and a joy to drive. What more could you want from any car.
apxc15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2007, 21:51   #129
Jules
This is my second home

ZT 260 SE Twilight and 10 other 75 ZT's :O

Thanked 1,116 Times in 763 Posts

Gosh it will be nice to get back into a 75 after a week in New VW Polo hire car on holiday. I'd almost forgotten how solid our cars feel

Newbies do now!!
1. Plenum drains..all 3 or 4 year dependent
2. Cooling fan..All speeds functioning
3. Bonnet cable divider block
Jules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2007, 22:17   #130
Kandyman
Banned

ROVER 75 2.5 V6 Connoisseur SE Limousine 2004

I wonder how many cars have won this amount of awards ?

Rover 75 Awards and Accolades 1999 - 2007

• What Car? ‘Car of the Year’ 1999.
• What Car? ‘Compact Executive Car of the Year’ 1999
• What Car? ‘Diesel Car of the Year’ 1999
• Auto Express ’World Car’ 1999
• The Journal / AA ‘Business Car of the Year’ 1999
• Italian ‘World's Most Beautiful High Class Saloon’ 1999
• Bild am Sonntag ‘Golden Steering Wheel Award’ 1999
• The Society of Plastic Engineers ‘Innovative use of plastic’ 1999 for the 75's V6 plastic intake system.
• British International Motor Show ‘Best riding and handling front wheel drive saloon in the world’ 1999
• Japanese 'Import Car of the Year' 1999
• Japanese 'Import Car of the Year' 2000
• New Zealand's National Business Review 'Car of the Year' 2000
• Executive Class ‘Portuguese Car of the Year’ 2000
• What Car? ‘Compact Executive Car of the Year’ 2000
• The only executive car to be short-listed in the 2000 ‘European Car of the Year Awards’
• Used Car Buyer 'Used Car of the Year’ 2000
• Used Car Buyer ‘Used Car of the Year’ 2001
• Diesel Car Magazine ‘Compact Executive Car’ 2001
• JD Power customer satisfaction survey ‘Only European car in the Top 5’ 2001
• Auto Express Used Car Honours 'Best Diesel Car' 2002
• Used Car Buyer 'Best Used Medium Car’ 2002
• ITM ‘Car of the Year' 2002
• Used Car Buyer ‘Used Car of the Year’ 2004
• Used Car Buyer ‘Best Used Family Car of the Year’ 2004
• ‘Most popular British Forces Germany tax free car purchase’ 2004
• Auto Express Drive Power ‘Best Ride Quality’ 2006
• Rover 75 voted Best Family Saloon in AutoTrader Used Car Awards 2007