Old 4th July 2017, 17:14   #130921
stevestrat
This is my second home

ZT260 #243 (resting)

Thanked 4,624 Times in 3,358 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevenicks View Post
I wonder if he wears white stilettoes .
Only at the weekends when he becomes Susan.

T4 Location Map
stevestrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2017, 17:19   #130922
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

[QUOTE=stevestrat;2513869]I have to admit my GP is very good, perhaps the best I've dealt with. As I mentioned I was at the hospital this morning and was given a note for my GP regarding going onto metformin, I handed the note into the surgery on my way home. A couple of hours later I got a phone call from my GP saying he'd done the prescription and repeated the advice I was given for starting on it. Also, he's already updated the online repeat request.[/QUOTE

They vary in character Steve

Last edited by Gate Keeper; 4th July 2017 at 17:22..
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2017, 17:27   #130923
stevestrat
This is my second home

ZT260 #243 (resting)

Had good docs and bad ones. The worst was a female doc, I saw her one morning after a couple of days of stomach pains, she said it was a bug going round. That afternoon I was doubled up with a sudden crippling pain, my wife phoned the surgery and got her again, she said it was stomach cramps. Ended up phoning an ambulance, pumped full of morphine and blue lighted into A&E where they found a burst appendix.

T4 Location Map
Old 4th July 2017, 17:41   #130924
reworht
This is my second home

Honda HR-V 1.6 i-DTEC SE Navi 5dr Diesel Hatchback

Thanked 2,156 Times in 1,497 Posts

Another flying visit - I've currently got 0.4 mbps wifi speed, so I need to make the most of it

Julien - please pass on Angela and I's best wishes to Derek and Lilian - let us hope and pray that the medical profession will retirez their doights (to misquote the Duke of Edinburgh) and give him the attention and treatment he so obviously needs and deserves.

For my sins - I took Angela to the Gloucester Quays Retail Shopping centre today. Jeez, it's absolutely enormous, with prices of the same magnitude - all we bought was a morning paper

Tomorrow we're off to see the Slimbridge Wetlands Centre (should be a few good looking birds around ), followed by the Purton Hulks (look it up on the web - really interesting ).
Thursday is awning down and packing up day - ready for a 7.30am start to the trip home on Friday

PS - Thatchers Rosy tonight

Rodney - you plonker!
... but more commonly known as Rod !

Last edited by reworht; 4th July 2017 at 17:43..
reworht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2017, 18:01   #130925
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Good evening Rod, I won't quote your post again, as this one follows yours. You had a full programme for the tour down south. Are you both having fun?
Old 4th July 2017, 18:05   #130926
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevestrat View Post
Had good docs and bad ones. The worst was a female doc, I saw her one morning after a couple of days of stomach pains, she said it was a bug going round. That afternoon I was doubled up with a sudden crippling pain, my wife phoned the surgery and got her again, she said it was stomach cramps. Ended up phoning an ambulance, pumped full of morphine and blue lighted into A&E where they found a burst appendix.
I was going to write up an experience I had today Steve, then thought better of it and then deleted it. A burst appendix is serious stuff. Thank goodness it was sorted in the nick of time.
Old 4th July 2017, 18:28   #130927
reworht
This is my second home

Honda HR-V 1.6 i-DTEC SE Navi 5dr Diesel Hatchback

Thanked 2,156 Times in 1,497 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate Keeper View Post
Good evening Rod, I won't quote your post again, as this one follows yours. You had a full programme for the tour down south. Are you both having fun?
Hi Phil - hope your medical problems are on the way to being solved ?
Angela and I send our best regards to you - and of course, Jessica
Yes - we're having a very relaxing holiday - just a shame it has to come to an end. The first site had lovely views across to Dartmoor, and we saw some splendid sunsets; the second site in the New Forest had its own resiident herd of deer which we saw in close-up every morning and night - and the current site backs onto the Gloucester - Sharpness canal, with a fairly constant flow of barges, small vessels, canal boats and even the odd ocean-going yacht. We've never been short of something to see
As an added bonus, there's a pub about 25 yards from our caravan with a full gluten-free menu (which keeps Angela happy) and a number of draught ciders (which keeps me happy). However, I fear we'll be on a diet when we get home - after cream teas, Sunday roasts, Cornish pasties, strawberries and clotted cream, and around a gallon of cider each week for me - I'll have to buckle down in advance of my annual heart/diabetes check-up

PS - I made a momentous, major decision half an hour ago .....
...... changed the bottle of Thatchers Katy for a pint of Orchard Pig Truffler cider instead - how risqué is that ??

Rodney - you plonker!
... but more commonly known as Rod !

Last edited by reworht; 4th July 2017 at 18:32..
reworht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2017, 19:13   #130928
stevestrat
This is my second home

ZT260 #243 (resting)

Quote:
I was going to write up an experience I had today Steve, then thought better of it and then deleted it. A burst appendix is serious stuff. Thank goodness it was sorted in the nick of time.
I didn't pursue it as, apparently, a dodgy appendix is difficult to diagnose from a GP consultation. I do try to avoid seeing her again though. I got off lightly, granted I was pumped full of IV antibiotics for a week but I had a cousin who's appendix went while he was travelling on a train. The train had to make a special stop, he was rushed to hospital and ended up in an induced coma!

T4 Location Map
Old 4th July 2017, 19:16   #130929
Rev Jules
This is my second home

Rover 75 Tourer+

Thanked 3,929 Times in 2,051 Posts

Quote:
It's an appalling way to treat Derek like that. People call out an ambulance for much less. From experience, the crew attending are always very kind, astute and sensitive to what is going on. Given what you have said, its right to bypass the GP and get Derek in for an assessment and treatment. Are you able to pass this on Julien. A while ago, a very good friend was to be discharged home on day 2 following major surgery, even though he/she was in much pain. I suggested a way round this. Consequently he/she stayed in hospital longer and the pain control was upped. One has to do what ever is required, even be creative, in order to survive.

Jessica and I send Derek and Lilian our love.
Yes we have suggested it to Lilian,

Julien.
Rev Jules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2017, 19:21   #130930
Rev Jules
This is my second home

Rover 75 Tourer+

Thanked 3,929 Times in 2,051 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by reworht View Post
Another flying visit - I've currently got 0.4 mbps wifi speed, so I need to make the most of it

Julien - please pass on Angela and I's best wishes to Derek and Lilian - let us hope and pray that the medical profession will retirez their doights (to misquote the Duke of Edinburgh) and give him the attention and treatment he so obviously needs and deserves.

For my sins - I took Angela to the Gloucester Quays Retail Shopping centre today. Jeez, it's absolutely enormous, with prices of the same magnitude - all we bought was a morning paper

Tomorrow we're off to see the Slimbridge Wetlands Centre (should be a few good looking birds around ), followed by the Purton Hulks (look it up on the web - really interesting ).
Thursday is awning down and packing up day - ready for a 7.30am start to the trip home on Friday

PS - Thatchers Rosy tonight
Many thank Rod will do, when I call them again.

Rev
Rev Jules is offline   Reply With Quote