Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 31st July 2010, 16:35   #131
Radioguy
Banned

None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Edd View Post
Well the other one arrived this morning and I fitted it... Nada no signal. So I connected it to the aerial on the roof of my house and got all the channels. So I tried the unit from Radioguy and it also got some signals. but not as many.

I have tried about 4 different car aerials and driving around and nada. So it looks like it is an aerial issue. I don't understand it cos I live on the top of a hill overlooking the town with line of sight to the mast and have no problems getting all the channels with a dodgy house aerial.

Someone on here called Capese or something is selling aerials that most say are working fine. Perhaps Radioguy should get a contract with him to supply them. So I will try one of his next. Starting to get expensive with these ****** things. I really want it for the digital radio channels.

Anyone want to buy a good working DVT-B box without an aerial?

I am still having issues getting the steering wheel paddles working. It tells me to enter 168 but doesn't tell me where to enter it. The manual says press the Aux in the system setup but I'll be blow-ed if I can find where Aux is located. I found one section in the "Other" tab but every time I try to do anything in there I get Invalid Password messages.

I must say I am impressed with the Radio sound and the DVD and CD music. The Blue tooth phone is brilliant and I have had no problems with the reversing camera. Just this ****** TV signal thingy-me-bob. The SatNav is okay although I am still learning how iGo8 works after TomTom. I eventually found where I could turn the sound down without it blaring my ears off every time I started her up. The neighbors were beginning to get fed up. Why do they set it so loud at the manufacturers? They must all be deaf or something.

Becoming a pain in the butt.

Edd

Hi Edd
Sorry there are problems with the DVB
Here is the Video for the steering wheel setup.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IsQPUUiMyN4

Tony Fry installed a Head unit this AM in East Dulwich and Both DVB-T and DAB workd great.

I will help you in any route that you want to take and again thanks for the great HowTo
Radioguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2010, 16:46   #132
madone
Posted a thing or two

none

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radioguy View Post
Many of you have sung the praises of Tony's SD Cards with the Nav Program and the POI's and Speed Cams with the most updated maps. Today Tony and I spoke and we both felt that it would be a good idea to provide HIS maps and his POI's etc directly from the factory. For those that are interested of course.

Currently the 4 GB SD Cards are about 12£ including postage and 18£ including postage for the 8 GB Cards.

We will be offering them for 10£ and 15£ respectively which is a savings for you, easier for Tony and allows me to add the features to my offerings.

So in the interests of all involved, we can now offer these cards to be shipped with any new units ordered. If you are ordering for an existing unit, best to contact Tony directly.

For those of you with booked orders, I will place it on the website in a manner that you can pay the additional to have it included with your units.

Thanks again Tony !
Payment sent for the 8gb Sean. Any idea on a delivery date?
madone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2010, 17:48   #133
Mr Edd
From the Horses Mouth

2012 Honda Oddessay and 1996 Ford Ranger Truck (Splash)

Some on here have recommended an aerial from Capese21. I bought an aerial from an Edward Capese on eBay and it still didn't work.

Is this the same person?

This is the aerial installed in my car; have I done it wright?

I'm getting a bit fed up with this thing. I even bought a new DVB-T box and had no luck. They both work if I connect to my roof aerial on the house but these mobile TV units really seem pants.

I am open to any suggestions on how to get them to work.

Edd
Old 2nd August 2010, 19:04   #134
Bernard LPG
I really should get out more.......

75 V6 Saloon 2003 LPG MGZT V8 260 LPG

Quote:
Some on here have recommended an aerial from Capese21. I bought an aerial from an Edward Capese on eBay and it still didn't work.

Is this the same person?

I'm getting a bit fed up with this thing. I even bought a new DVB-T box and had no luck. They both work if I connect to my roof aerial on the house but these mobile TV units really seem pants.

Edd
I have bought a similar aerial, Erising, I think. Worked well for two days and has now failed. It seems there is a problem with these things.
Haven't checked the fuse yet though.

Last edited by Bernard LPG; 2nd August 2010 at 19:05.. Reason: Afterthought
Bernard LPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2010, 20:22   #135
Radioguy
Banned

None

Quote:

Is this the same person?

Edd
EDD and Bernard, Tony Fry installed one this past weekend, The same Thing but worked perfectly including DAB radio. Something is wrong.
Edd you mentioned about being in the real window, Bernard are you in the same location ? Sometimes Windscreens have thermal qualities that Block signals. We don't recommend for example the GPS Antenna be too close to the windshield. Some Do and Some Don't have this.

Have either of you tried the signal with antenna OUTSIDE the car?

Last edited by Radioguy; 2nd August 2010 at 20:28..
Radioguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2010, 20:31   #136
Bernard LPG

75 V6 Saloon 2003 LPG MGZT V8 260 LPG

Quote:
EDD and Bernard, Tony Fry installed one this past weekend, The same Thing. Something is wrong.
Edd you mentioned about being in the real window, Bernard are you in the same location ? Sometimes Windscreens have thermal qualities that Block signals. We don't recommend for example the GPS Antenna be too close to the windshield. Some Do and Some Don't have this.

I only have mine temporarily mounted on passenger side front top windscreen just to get everything up and running. It worked pretty well for two days and now it looks likely that the amplifier may have failed or hopefully maybe the in-line fuse blown. I was running FM radio from it until I get round to extending from the boot.

I've got aircon problems developed today so that is the urgent thing to look at, the aerial will have to wait.
Bernard LPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2010, 23:03   #137
Mr Edd
From the Horses Mouth

Quote:
EDD and Bernard, Tony Fry installed one this past weekend, The same Thing but worked perfectly including DAB radio. Something is wrong.

I have tried mine everywhere. In the car outside the car on the roof on the bonnet.

They only way I can get both DVB-T units to work is with my house aerial.

I have tried 4 different DVT-B aerials with no joy. I get very good reception with my house Aeriel.

Go figure!!!

Edd
Old 2nd August 2010, 23:15   #138
Mr Edd
From the Horses Mouth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernard LPG View Post
I have bought a similar aerial, Erising, I think. Worked well for two days and has now failed. It seems there is a problem with these things.
Haven't checked the fuse yet though.
I am wondering if it is the signal amplifier that is packing up. I know it is getting power as I have wired the power source from the same connection as the DVB-T unit and the Reversing Camera Receiver. (See my "How To" on installing that device. Click Me So it isn't a fuse.

But I can't keep buying these boosted aerials at £25 a pot and then they pack in after two days.

Edd

Last edited by Mr Edd; 2nd August 2010 at 23:21..
Mr Edd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2010, 06:53   #139
David Lawrence
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDT-2001

Quote:

Is this the same person?

Edd

I cant work out where you've got that stuck. Is it on top of the high level brake light housing? I'm confused as part of the aerial seems hidden behind the black surround.

Where I stuck mine was in clear view part of the rear windscreen, none of it was shielded by black paper and also it was clear on both sides of the aeriel. I noticed that the signal weakened when I pit my hand in front of it on the inside of the car so I think they pick up signals from both directions. If you've got that stuck on the brake light area then I assume that at least one side of it is not clear view.

They are very directional and you will need to move the car around a bit to get a decent signal.

If you want any quality at all while on the move you would need a DVB box with two aerial inputs at least, and even then they are not perfect. Dont forget that you are trying to compare the performance from an arial about 6 inches long with your house ariel, perfectly aligned, permanently fixed, and 6 feet long.
David Lawrence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2010, 07:48   #140
tony_fry

BMW I3

Re the DVB-T units, I have tried several and Sean's one seems to be on par with any of the other makes. I have also been along the route of different antennas, and have spent a small fortune on them, and they all seems as bad as each other.

Location does make a BIG difference, I leave near Crystal Palace in South East London and 95% of the time, I get a perfect picture, apart from when I am going down the A2 out of London.

I have been toying with the idea of getting one of these units:-

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...=STRK:MEWAX:IT

But again the unit is only as good as the signal it receives.

Membership No 135
tony_fry is offline   Reply With Quote