Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 29th May 2015, 19:28   #11
190SETOURING
Posted a thing or two

MG ZTT 180se,MG ZT 260se Monogram

Powder coat is fine and ideal for wheels but you need to know how to use it, if you dont understand how to use it then leave it to people who do know. It can "gas" and leave tiny hard bubbles on the surface but in fairness they should have seen it and re coated it again.
190SETOURING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2015, 19:47   #12
KRISTLEE
I really should get out more.......

None at the moment.

Seriously mate, you spend your time and good money maintaining these cars to get them up to standard and keep them on the roads and I salute you for your patience and forwarding on your experience.

I will be treating my Gridspokes to a refurb at the end of the year and am fortunate enough to have RS Alloys on my doorstep which come highly recommended and I have yet to hear a bad experience from but your recent received bad workmanship and professionalism has guaranteed I won't be looking elsewhere.

I am really ticked off for you mate and once again thanks for sharing guaranteeing none of the rest of us go through it.

Lee.

DONE: HAD A CRAZY IDEA THAT I HAD TO GET RID OF MY MG ZTT DUE TO NOT HAVING A DRIVE AND HAVING TO PARK ON A BUSY STREET WITH A VIEW TO GETTING ANOTHER ONE AT A LATER DATE WHEN I HAVE A DRIVE.

ENDED UP REALISING IT REALLY ISN'T PRACTICAL NOT HAVING A CAR TO GET AROUND AND I NOW OWN A VW EOS 3.2 V6 INDIVIDUAL (1 OF 20 REMAINING IN THE UK WITH THAT ENGINE AND TRIM COMBO) EVEN THOUGH I STILL LIVE ON A BUSY ROAD WITHOUT A DRIVE
KRISTLEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2015, 22:41   #13
RodgerD
Rodger & Out

Rover 75 Saloon

I've collected a few sets of refurbished wheels from City Powder Coatings in Birmingham--- very nice finish on all the sets I've collected. I've got a large number to do and will send mine to CPC as they do them for £20 a wheel.
RodgerD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2015, 22:49   #14
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

Thanked 5,083 Times in 3,114 Posts

Like Dave,I too have seen the poor quality of the wheel finish, the words badger's behind would be how I describe it.
Old 30th May 2015, 07:28   #15
willshot
Posted a thing or two

Ex-ZI190 owner. ,Ford Focus RS

Default My experience.....

I've been using Romax for over 20 years from back in the days when I had Mk2 Granada Ghias and Scorpios and never had any issues with them. I had the ZT wheels done white the first time with them in 2009, again no problems. My mate had three sets of Mini (1 xBMW and 2 X Rover) done by Romax and again no problems. When I decided to get ZT wheels done again last July, due to kerbing, I went to RS Alloy in Seaton Carew. They had a problem with one wheel spoke where coating was bubbling up in one place and said they would redo it. I left the spare with them and they offered to do that free of charge which I thought was very commendable. So I had a 2 day, 280 mile trip instead of the expected one, 140 mile. On driving home down the A19 I did notice the car drove very differently to when I drove it north. I should have had the wheels/ tyres checked but never got round to it. Consequently come MOT time in March 2015 I had to renew the front nearside tyre and the rear offside due to uneven tyre wear. My garage asked if I'd had the wheels changed over at some tome and I told them I had. So £200 bill for the tyres. RS Alloys had not put the wheels/ tyres back on the axles they'd taken them off. Any way I've just had my TF wheels done at Romax on Thursday and the finish is excellent and the tyres are as it went in as I marked them before hand.
It does show that it's often a lottery when getting things done whoever you use without having problems.
willshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2015, 08:02   #16
Phil-Hex
Gets stuck in

Typhoon ZT-T CDTi Bittersweet 135 TF

totally agree, problems can occur with any company but its how they deal with it that can set them apart from others

we use this company http://www.tillingalloywheelrefurbishment.co.uk/ and they did a set for Maggys TF, a black/silver sparkle combination however they did them more black than silver and she wasnt happy with the result when i got them home

so off we trundled back to them fully expecting to pay again for them done as it was custom finish and open to interpretation, so hey ho they thought it was a fantastic job (which it was!) but it wasnt what we had pictured

we drove into the yard and they couldnt have been more helpful, they were genuinely disappointed that we were disappointed lol

result was 4 wheels done again free of charge, with a smile and numerous apologies
and thats why i'll happily recommend them to anyone who asks
Phil-Hex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2015, 09:02   #17
Master
Loves to post

Rover 75 saloon

Brian told me about this when he was at mine with his T4 & i thought why didnt
they just recoat them as brian had told them he was in no hurry so they had
all the time in the world ...Surely they did not believe Brian would not notice
Theres an old saying in business your only as good as your last work
Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2015, 11:04   #18
marinabrian

MG ZT

Thanked 10,837 Times in 5,718 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master View Post
Brian told me about this when he was at mine with his T4 & i thought why didnt
they just recoat them as brian had told them he was in no hurry so they had
all the time in the world ...Surely they did not believe Brian would not notice
There's an old saying in business your only as good as your last work
Exactly, and that is why they will never get any business from me again.

By the time I factor in the cost of four tyres, the refurbishment (and a subsequent replacement tyre ) time and fuel, I won't have much change from £800.

They did a great job on the last wheels, which is why I chose to use them again, however given their string of failures, and damage caused to a brand new tyre, I wouldn't trust them with a supermarket trolley wheel never mind anything I would like fitted to my car.

Brian
marinabrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2015, 12:49   #19
Master
Loves to post

Rover 75 saloon

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by marinabrian View Post
Exactly, and that is why they will never get any business from me again.

By the time I factor in the cost of four tyres, the refurbishment (and a subsequent replacement tyre ) time and fuel, I won't have much change from £800.

They did a great job on the last wheels, which is why I chose to use them again, however given their string of failures, and damage caused to a brand new tyre, I wouldn't trust them with a supermarket trolley wheel never mind anything I would like fitted to my car.

Brian
Brian maybe they were having a off day when they did a great job on your last alloys...lol
Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2015, 13:03   #20
marinabrian

MG ZT

Thanked 10,837 Times in 5,718 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master View Post
Brian maybe they were having a off day when they did a great job on your last alloys...lol
Probably

Brian
marinabrian is offline   Reply With Quote