Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 19th May 2010, 04:06   #11
Scribbler.
Gets stuck in

Rover 75. Saloon. Red. V6. 2.5.

Hi Joseph, my garage guy fitted mine and incl. purchase the total bill was under £200. Incl rad and coolant. (vac filled too.) Not had 1 days problem since. Any "quick fix" will leave you worried every long drive you make my friend, a new rad costs under £100. incl. vat. Never worth the hassle ... what price peace of mind and a safe engine. Mike.
Scribbler. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2010, 21:03   #12
Joseph
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Club Saloon Manual CDT

Well I tried Radweld a week or so ago and it didn't help (Although a few days later the leak stopped, it then started again)

I am going to buy the radiator myself (Found it, or at least what I think it is, for around £80 which is already a saving!)

Going to phone a garage my dad uses, man working from his house, apparently charges very reasonable prices but looking at the haines manual it got 2/5 spanners (Which suggests a beginner can do it with some knowledge)

My next door neighbour is a diesel engine fanatic, buys broken diesels, fixes them then sells them again and he is a very friendly man so I might ask him if he will help me. If not I might still try it myself, looks like its very time consuming but not too difficult? Can much go wrong?

Also it says to discharge my air con professionally, is there a way to do this myself? My air con has run out (If I turn it on it blows but the temperature doesn't change) do I need to discharge it?

Thank you all for your help and advice, the garage I used said I shouldnt use any products (Like Radweld) because its an alloy? I don't see how that would affect it. But as I read, everyone has their storys about it working or blowing something up!

Joseph.
Joseph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2010, 16:26   #13
Joseph
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Club Saloon Manual CDT

Any more help please?

Planning to do it on sunday and need some.

Is there anything else I should replace while I am replacing the radiator?

Cheers.

Last edited by Joseph; 20th May 2010 at 16:28..
Joseph is offline   Reply With Quote