Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 20th November 2015, 20:29   #11
barney bear
This is my second home

rover 75 Connoiseur diesel called Rosey

Thanked 2,001 Times in 1,424 Posts

Most of the buses in Preston are hybrids now. Sophie thought the bus had broken down last time she used one
Old 20th November 2015, 20:36   #12
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Thanked 3,427 Times in 2,565 Posts

Dos this mean that the VED is going to be really expensive for diesel cars from now on!

Blessed are the tea makers.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3b...auto-2000_auto
Lancpudn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2015, 02:21   #13
Leyland Worldmaster
This is my second home

Audi A2 1.4TDI

Thanked 1,622 Times in 1,057 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by barney bear View Post
Most of the buses in Preston are hybrids now. Sophie thought the bus had broken down last time she used one
It's really funny to watch passengers unfamiliar with these penguin friendly hybrid buses when the engine stops... Obviously I'm speaking as a passenger...

🏓
Leyland Worldmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2015, 07:56   #14
humphshumphs
I really should get out more.......

No longer a Rover Owner

Location: As far east as you can go in the UK and not get wet feet.

But surely, the scrappage scheme is only going to be good for those people who have the money to change their cars?

When the last scrappage scheme was in place, I don't know of anyone that changed their car because they were going to get a couple of grand. Everyone that changed cars were probably going to do that anyway.

Even if I had the money to be able to change my car, I wouldn't as I need a tourer to carry stuff and dogs and I like my 75, and due to doing a fair mileage, have a diesel.

So unless they are going to give me money to buy a replacement (as well as the scrappage money), they can 'stick' it where the sun don't shine!!

No longer a 75 owner as my tourer made it to the moon, and died on it's way back. But 1/4 million miles ain't bad.
humphshumphs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2015, 09:45   #15
Avulon
This is my second home

1.8t Tourer

Thanked 1,148 Times in 916 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by macafee2 View Post
how much pollutant is made making each new car?

macafee2
Plenty, but it's not in London is it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by humphshumphs View Post
But surely, the scrappage scheme is only going to be good for those people who have the money to change their cars?

When the last scrappage scheme was in place, I don't know of anyone that changed their car because they were going to get a couple of grand. Everyone that changed cars were probably going to do that anyway.

Even if I had the money to be able to change my car, I wouldn't as I need a tourer to carry stuff and dogs and I like my 75, and due to doing a fair mileage, have a diesel.

So unless they are going to give me money to buy a replacement (as well as the scrappage money), they can 'stick' it where the sun don't shine!!
And from an enthusiasts point of view, a scrappage scheme will make the diesel models rarer: so even more valuable in the long run. So unless you want to find me something I like better; that's not diesel, that costs less than 25p per mile to run (all costs included). Is quiet in the cabin at normal speeds with a reasonable stereo, a smooooooth comfortable ride - approaching classic status, and good looks, and the performance I've come to expect - I've got it! supply me with a 2.5v6 75 on lpg and pay for servicing for me.... No? I think I'll keep my diesel then.

Where?:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tanelorn
Mods/Retrofits:

PCV vortex 'filter'; bluetooth; inline thermostat; reversing sensors; plenum spyhole ; headlamp washers ; Diy mp3 player replacing CD multichanger; FBH with remote; Headlamp washers; black/chrome front grille, rear blind; Xenon projectors
To do:
puddle lights; 2 Din cd/nav to fit; boot release button
Avulon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2015, 10:02   #16
humphshumphs
I really should get out more.......

No longer a Rover Owner

Location: As far east as you can go in the UK and not get wet feet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avulon View Post
And from an enthusiasts point of view, a scrappage scheme will make the diesel models rarer: so even more valuable in the long run. So unless you want to find me something I like better; that's not diesel, that costs less than 25p per mile to run (all costs included). Is quiet in the cabin at normal speeds with a reasonable stereo, a smooooooth comfortable ride - approaching classic status, and good looks, and the performance I've come to expect - I've got it! supply me with a 2.5v6 75 on lpg and pay for servicing for me.... No? I think I'll keep my diesel then.
Well said

No longer a 75 owner as my tourer made it to the moon, and died on it's way back. But 1/4 million miles ain't bad.
humphshumphs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2015, 12:59   #17
ratchet
Posted a thing or two

ZT-T + CTDI

Quote:
Originally Posted by macafee2 View Post
how much pollutant is made making each new car?

macafee2
Aye, and how much further pollution do they cause in scrapping a perfectly good car with many more years of life left in it.
ratchet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2015, 13:23   #18
Leyland Worldmaster
This is my second home

Audi A2 1.4TDI

Thanked 1,622 Times in 1,057 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratchet View Post
Aye, and how much further pollution do they cause in scrapping a perfectly good car with many more years of life left in it.
And how much pollution is caused by the MPs second homes, second and third cars etc...

🏓
Leyland Worldmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th November 2015, 18:27   #19
vindaloo
Ex Owner

MX-5 ND2 RF

Looks like the scrappage scheme is not on the cards for now.

Seen in Auto Express

MPs call for diesel scrappage scheme and VED reforms

MPs had called on the Government to consider a diesel scrappage scheme and introduce a nitrogen oxide-based vehicle excise duty (VED) but Osborne steered clear of the area in his Spending Review.

A report from the Environmental Audit Committee published in response to the Government's draft plans to improve air quality in the UK had called on the changes with MPs believing a diesel scrappage scheme and including NOx alongside CO2 to determine VED bands would encourage drivers out of the most polluting diesel vehicles.
vindaloo is offline   Reply With Quote