Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 1st June 2018, 18:34   #11
ziggy72
Posted a thing or two

Jaguar S-Type R Audi A5 Sportback

i get to drive all kinds of cars at work on a daily basis. i think you'd be hard pressed to find anything better or with as much get-up and go as an Astra 1.4 turbo.
my wife has a fiat 500 1.2 and with 4 people and luggage it won't go above 65mph on the motorway with even the slightest of inclines, the road has to be level or on a decline to hit 70+ so avoid one of those at all costs!
Old 1st June 2018, 18:49   #12
Aces_High1990

None

Default Where!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ste.Sales View Post
Fiesta 1.0l eco boost gets a thumbs up from me. My dad has one and has been remapped to 160bhp. Has run quarter mile at santa pod 15.2 seconds! Will reach 60mph in less than 7 seconds. Motorways are a breeze for it too, it pulls away from my 1.8t easily.
I am the owner of the blue Fiesta my Dad (solarsailor) posted above.....i'm interested in knowing more about this remap! Where and how much? It's quite nippy as it is, but i'm not gonna say no to a little more power
Aces_High1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2018, 18:52   #13
Stu67
Regular poster

Rover 75 Saloon

Wife has got a brand new 1.0 fiesta auto and it’s a great thing. It’s the 3rd one she’s had, the first one was a 1.6 auto and the 1.0 is a much better engine. Not saying I’d want one that’s done 120k but we normally change them every 3 or so years. I think the very early 1.0 had problems as there was a plastic t piece that used to crack leading to overheating but they were subject to a recall.
Stu67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2018, 18:59   #14
Ste.Sales
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aces_High1990 View Post
I am the owner of the blue Fiesta my Dad (solarsailor) posted above.....i'm interested in knowing more about this remap! Where and how much? It's quite nippy as it is, but i'm not gonna say no to a little more power
This company : http://www.pumaspeed.co.uk/product-F...0bhp_16223.jsp are they guys that have worked on it.

On a side note, my brother has a 1.3 diesel Corsa. Not bad, very cheap to run, although it does struggle on a motorway fully loaded. Will still do the legal speed limit mind
Ste.Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2018, 19:03   #15
Aces_High1990

None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ste.Sales View Post
This company : http://www.pumaspeed.co.uk/product-F...0bhp_16223.jsp are they guys that have worked on it.
Thanks very much, I shall give them a look. I can't wait to be faster than my dad's 75....
Aces_High1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2018, 19:11   #16
bendrick
Gets stuck in

Ex CDT Auto

Borrowed the other half's 18 month old Vauxhall Viva 1.0, 3 cylinder the other week to nip over to Bristol, no problem at all, Motorway or Urban roads, perky enough on both

If only Vauxhall could solve the squeaking coming from the rear suspension it would be a nice little car fit for all occasions.
bendrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2018, 19:29   #17
SCP440
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT-T 260

The Ford Ecoboost is a fabulous package, works well in the Fiesta and Focus and can achieve amazing MPG. I have a customer who has one with over 120k on the clock and has nothing done to it other than services at or just before the recommended times, a set of brakes at 80k and tyres.

The last time I saw it the average MPG on the dash computer was showing over 50 MPG and it does lots of short journeys.
SCP440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2018, 19:34   #18
P-Nut
Gets stuck in

MG ZT 190+

It's changed so much in recent times, personally I'm not a fan of these small turbocharged engines as I can't see them lasting and many aren't even economical at all. You can't just add forced induction and call it free power at no cost.

Mazdas sky active engines are very interesting and the Suzuki 1.2 comes with 100ps now days which is more than enough. For driveability diesels are still hard to beat.
P-Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2018, 20:50   #19
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

The wife has been hunting the internet and perhaps the Fiesta is no longer in the running. I just feel it is a tad small. The Honda Civic seems to have the edge at the moment but I get into my old75 and the Sandstone and walnut interior feels posh, expensive, eye candy.
It could be between a Honda Civic and a Ford Focus and I'd not swop my 75 for either.

The Fords as with Hondas and perhaps most other makes, have an interior that's
uninspiring... any colour you like as long as its black.

Vauxhall, I could not bring myself to have an Astra. My dad had one and I know todays car is light-years away from his but I think of his when I think Astra.
My son had a Corsa, he did not look after it so it ran like a sick donkey but one of those I could over an Astra but if the Fiesta is to small then so would be a Corsa

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2018, 21:12   #20
ziggy72
Posted a thing or two

Jaguar S-Type R Audi A5 Sportback

Quote:
Originally Posted by macafee2 View Post
The wife has been hunting the internet and perhaps the Fiesta is no longer in the running. I just feel it is a tad small. The Honda Civic seems to have the edge at the moment but I get into my old75 and the Sandstone and walnut interior feels posh, expensive, eye candy.
It could be between a Honda Civic and a Ford Focus and I'd not swop my 75 for either.

The Fords as with Hondas and perhaps most other makes, have an interior that's
uninspiring... any colour you like as long as its black.

Vauxhall, I could not bring myself to have an Astra. My dad had one and I know todays car is light-years away from his but I think of his when I think Astra.
My son had a Corsa, he did not look after it so it ran like a sick donkey but one of those I could over an Astra but if the Fiesta is to small then so would be a Corsa

macafee2
its all about opinions so go with what takes your fancy. most cars today are reliable so take a few out for a road test and then decide which ticks the boxes. good luck with the search.