Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Club Classifieds > Members Cars For-Sale
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 7th November 2013, 20:33   #11
victorgte
I really should get out more.......

MGTF, MGZT, Range Rover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastienclement View Post
That was me, by the way. I only own a few Rovers.

I wasn't having a go at your car, I hope you realise that. I was trying to give a potential new owner some pointers on things that WILL need checking on a Rover 75 as the mileage clocks up.

That is all.
Point taken and no offence either way. From a buying point of view that low mileage 75 ticks most boxes and gives the right indicators to be a potentially reliable motor. Any other car could have the same credentials and would be worth recommendation. Its just a shame some people seem to knock Rover for being Rover. Personally I think he could do far worse than buying that 75. Got to be worth the money all day long as we both know and all on this forum?
Old 8th November 2013, 06:39   #12
Heightswitch

Rover 75 saloon

Its funny how reputations change over time..
Rovers were always cosidered to be a very very expensive brand, first the doctors car, later the primeministers choice... Then the BL days happened..

This is the first 75 I have had but I have had many many years experience with Rover 25 and 200 diesel products which I used to rack up Hundereds of thousands of miles in...My last 200 was doing over 1000 miles per week and never ever let me down.

The problem with cars or should I say people these days is that they buy image laden trinkets these days sold by brand rather than an objective look at cost / reliability.

On the drive I have dodge, TVR, Rover, Audi, Mitsubishi and Ford products...ALL cars cost money and pound for Pound the Rover is streets ahead of the others in terms of cost to buy and run!!

Its just that they have an image taken in by so many fools who don't know one end of a car from another and think that a car must be changed every 3 years!! its a bizarre world we live in today...Or am I just turning into my dad
Heightswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2013, 09:26   #13
sjc
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT-T 180 Sports +, 2007 completely restored XJ 4.2 LWB Sovereign,Noble M400,LR Discovery 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heightswitch View Post
Its funny how reputations change over time..
Rovers were always cosidered to be a very very expensive brand, first the doctors car, later the primeministers choice... Then the BL days happened..

This is the first 75 I have had but I have had many many years experience with Rover 25 and 200 diesel products which I used to rack up Hundereds of thousands of miles in...My last 200 was doing over 1000 miles per week and never ever let me down.

The problem with cars or should I say people these days is that they buy image laden trinkets these days sold by brand rather than an objective look at cost / reliability.

On the drive I have dodge, TVR, Rover, Audi, Mitsubishi and Ford products...ALL cars cost money and pound for Pound the Rover is streets ahead of the others in terms of cost to buy and run!!

Its just that they have an image taken in by so many fools who don't know one end of a car from another and think that a car must be changed every 3 years!! its a bizarre world we live in today...Or am I just turning into my dad
Nope, you've turned into me!
Old 8th November 2013, 10:04   #14
lovema75
This is my second home

75 Tourer CDT

I think the poor image is great, because we get to enjoy a bargain!

That car for sale in this thread is beautiful and a bargain, someone will end up with a lovely car there. Were I in the market I wouldn't hesitate.
lovema75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2013, 21:11   #15
victorgte
I really should get out more.......

MGTF, MGZT, Range Rover

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovema75 View Post
I think the poor image is great, because we get to enjoy a bargain!

That car for sale in this thread is beautiful and a bargain, someone will end up with a lovely car there. Were I in the market I wouldn't hesitate.
Totally agree!

By the way. Who saw watchdog on the BBC a few months ago regarding BMW diesel engines having failing timing chains resulting in engine replacement or expensive rebuilds? Doubt if that reputation will stick???
Old 14th November 2013, 19:34   #16
drewesq
Posted a thing or two

75 Tourer Auto

If I didn't already have one I'd have your arm off!!

http://badges.fuelly.com/images/sig-uk/212752.png
drewesq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2013, 22:01   #17
Heightswitch

Rover 75 saloon

Last Chance for any club members.

It will be on e-bay at the weekend. No reserve £1100 start with std wheels and the Meteors will be auctioned separately.

I have sent reams of photos, info, descriptions to various people ... Its never really been so difficult to sell such a low mileage car..Not sure what various Roverfiles expect to get for the £800 some have offered me for the car???

This is a 39k mile car with known history, original sales receipt, Full MOT and 6 mth Tax for the price of a major service?? The world seems to be going mad.

N.
Heightswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2013, 22:05   #18
thomas 75 connie
This is my second home

Rover 75 launch car x2, Rover 800 Vitesse

Thanked 1,083 Times in 653 Posts

What a lovely untouched model and at a bargain price. Why these cars arnt worth more confuses me when you see mondeo and other humdrum cars driving about. What a beauty. Good luck with thesale
thomas 75 connie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2013, 22:24   #19
trojan
Regular poster

Rover 75 saloon CDT auto, Rover 600 Auto, and 52 Rover 75 Cdti Auto Tourer now I've found one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewesq View Post
If I didn't already have one I'd have your arm off!!
mmmm! maybe you could sell your tourer, (she is auto?) to me and then make a deal on this lovely R75 ?

Favorite mode of transport - free fuel- no ecu- fly by rope not wire !!!!!
Red diesel auxilary single cylinder engine - 20 ltrs per year !!!!
Must fit a fbh for the winter !

Last edited by trojan; 26th November 2013 at 22:26.. Reason: update
trojan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2013, 04:54   #20
drewesq
Posted a thing or two

75 Tourer Auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by trojan View Post
mmmm! maybe you could sell your tourer, (she is auto?) to me and then make a deal on this lovely R75 ?
She is an auto and she is a beaut! I have put a fair amount of work into Bluey so is worth more to me than you would want to pay I think! This one looks like such a clean example that I would be proud to own it. :-)

http://badges.fuelly.com/images/sig-uk/212752.png
drewesq is offline   Reply With Quote