Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Events and Meets
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 13th April 2024, 20:31   #211
LimoRog
Loves to post

1 MG ZTt 180+ Monogram Caledonian Tourer, 1 LWB,1 Contemporary Tourer,2 Hearses & 3 Six Door Limo's

Hope everything goes well tomorrow, sorry I can’t attend this time as I currently in Antigua. Hope to make the next one.
Limorog

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
LimoRog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2024, 03:49   #212
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by LimoRog View Post
Hope everything goes well tomorrow, sorry I can’t attend this time as I currently in Antigua. Hope to make the next one.
Limorog

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Enjoy your break. There is always another meet up at some point.

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2024, 05:43   #213
Reebs
Owners Club Director

Rover 75 Conn SE V6 / MG ZT 260 SE V8 / MG ZT 180 SE V6

Thanked 6,851 Times in 2,537 Posts
Arrow When you get here today……..

When you arrive at the Gaydon Museum entrance, drive towards the building down the long approach avenue and then turn to the left at the bottom with the museum being directly in front of you.

Our parking section is the Southern parking area directly in front of the main reception entrance and right next to the new dark coloured Jaguar building.

Our registration gazebo is right by the main entrance, and our function room inside is called “South Wing 5”

You can get to it from inside by going up the escalators to the first floor where the cafe is then turning to the left and going through the doors at the end of the room.

You can also find the room from the outside by walking up the curved path from our parking area until you see ‘OVP’ the clubs white S Reg car parked outside the “South Wing 5” door entrance. That’s also where the toilets can be found.

OVP will represent the early mark 1 model outside the function room, and inside there is a slight change of plan as we’ll now have the very last Rover 75 to be built, the museum’s Firefrost facelift saloon. Sadly the 1st Production 75 will not be making an appearance this time round.

Reebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2024, 16:01   #214
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool

92 cars made it a fabulous meet. And great to see and hear from those responsible for the Rover 75.

Banana ran sweet for the 200 mile trip in 4 hours with 2 stops. Ankle coped with the driving but ached a bit with the walking. Now at hotel for a pint and food. Home tomorrow.

And she tripped over onto 233,050

onen hag oll

Last edited by FLYING BANANA; 14th April 2024 at 16:02.. Reason: Adding bits
FLYING BANANA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2024, 18:12   #215
Raven Black
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 saloon

Default Today

So sorry wasn't able to be at such an illustrious occasion, due recent eye surgery. However, am delighted to see our own FB made it, after months of trials and tribulation. Huge achievement, Bob, very happy for you.

What an amazing turnout of the Rover club, such a pity not to b there with the only 75, besides Teflon, to have the most rarest extra; a walnut armrest. Well in the UK anyway.
Old 14th April 2024, 18:32   #216
ScreamingLordStokes

Rover 75 Saloon

What a super day! Really nice to meet and chat with fellow 75 and ZT owners and see all the fab cars.
The icing on the cake was the very interesting and entertaining talk by the Rover team behind the development, design and production of our cars, Richard Woolley even signed my A Clean Sheet of Paper brochure!
A huge thank you to all involved in the organisation of the event.

Last edited by ScreamingLordStokes; 14th April 2024 at 18:35..
ScreamingLordStokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2024, 18:51   #217
Rev Jules
This is my second home

Rover 75 Tourer+

Thanked 3,929 Times in 2,051 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYING BANANA View Post
92 cars made it a fabulous meet. And great to see and hear from those responsible for the Rover 75.

Banana ran sweet for the 200 mile trip in 4 hours with 2 stops. Ankle coped with the driving but ached a bit with the walking. Now at hotel for a pint and food. Home tomorrow.

And she tripped over onto 233,050
Good to catch up with you Bob, have a restful night and a safe journey home tomorrow.
Rev.
Rev Jules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2024, 19:07   #218
trebor
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDTi Connoisseur SE & MG ZT Saloon 190

Thanked 1,877 Times in 885 Posts

Well done to the club for organising one of the best national meets I have been to, a great venue at the British Motor Museum and a fabulous turnout of 92 cars, great to catch up with members not seen for a while and always in awe of the owners who travel from out of the UK to attend.

There were some cracking 75s and ZTs there and a worthy winner of the Gryphon award was Andrew (Yellow Peril) with his 2000 Primrose Yellow 75

Of course the the day was made extra special with the guest speakers who all had a hand in the production of the 75, Mike Kinnear (Programme Planner), Peter Morgan (R40 Project Director), Dennis Chick (Production Communication Director), Richard Woolley (R40 Stylist) and David Waide (Chief Enginer) plus Ian Pogson (V8 project) was also in attendance and one other whose name I do not remember (sorry)

We heard how the 75 was one of the safest cars on the road and how well received it was and it won many awards in its early days, we also heard how production switched from Cowley to Longbridge in only 13 weeks which was a mammoth task

I took lots of pictures as below, there should be one of each car plus others and some from the museum too, thanks again to the club for a fantastic day

Robs Car Gallery

Coven near Wolverhampton WV9

2000 Cowley Built Rover 75 2.0 V6 Club SE/ Atlantic Blue/ Sandstone/Walnut (daily driver)
2003 Land Rover Freelander 1 TD4 HSE Helsinki Blue/Black Leather (swmbo daily driver)
trebor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2024, 19:07   #219
trebor
This is my second home

Robs Car Gallery

2000 Cowley Built Rover 75 2.0 V6 Club SE/ Atlantic Blue/ Sandstone/Walnut (daily driver)
2003 Land Rover Freelander 1 TD4 HSE Helsinki Blue/Black Leather (swmbo daily driver)
Old 14th April 2024, 19:08   #220
trebor
This is my second home

Robs Car Gallery