Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 15th September 2007, 18:15   #21
mikeG33

MG ZT

Appologies for 1st pic. the conector has 3 wires green n black, green and purple. I think what was attatched was not much bigger than about 2.5 inch but the connector looks like this
mikeG33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2007, 18:55   #22
Simon
Banned

-

If the item that fell off is only a couple of inches big and dustybin says their car hasn't got anything attached to it then I'd be inclined to think that what fell off your car was a blanking plug and that the connector is possibly unused.

That said, it could be a sensor but for what though is unknown

I'd say to try all other options for non-starting, such as the fuel-filter clip, check to see if both pumps are priming and check that battery has sufficient charge etc etc. If all those come up blanks then maybe the connector is for something after all?
Simon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2007, 20:43   #23
Greeners

MG-ZTT

Thanked 1,249 Times in 1,036 Posts

Ok, I think I've identified the offending connector.

The closest I can get is the PAS load sensor which is mounted towards the back on the PAS pump (I think)

Whilst the colours of the wires are different, the connector is definately correct.
Greeners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2007, 23:05   #24
Lates
This is my second home

Jaguar XE

Wasnt the pas wiring at one point plugged into the pump then disappeared to nowhere inside the loom ?

That plug looks like it hasnt had anything plugged into it as it looks a little manky. My guess is fuel issues, remove the quick release unions from the bulkhead and crank it over. my guess not much fuel but if it sprays all over the place need to look elsewhere. Place a rag over the pipes to save spending hours tidying up.
Lates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2007, 09:59   #25
mikeG33

MG ZT

Default Have had Diagnostic done !

Hi all taken me this long to get somone out with test book to check the car only fault code that came up was for the PAS load sensor so Greeners you were right that is the offending bit that is missing however, The mechanic that came out said that wouldnt stop it firing up so he checked to see if the fuel was getting through and the simple answer is no. So Grey Ghost gonna give your idea a go,but being lazy ha ha was just wondering if there are other areas easy to check first, fuel cut off switches etc. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers Mike

PS any rough idea what this would cost if im totally lazy and just take it to a garage ha ha
Old 22nd September 2007, 10:24   #26
GreyGhost
Banned

180+ Sport Auto

Probably charge you for an hours work at a garage although a competent MGR mechanic will have done the filter job many times as it is so common.
All the AA and RAC people know this one as well and will do roadside repair. Are you member?
Even so it is not a difficult task to undertake just take your time and make sure seals are seated properly.
best of luck.
GreyGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2007, 10:31   #27
Greeners

MG-ZTT

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeG33 View Post
Hi all taken me this long to get somone out with test book to check the car only fault code that came up was for the PAS load sensor so Greeners you were right that is the offending bit that is missing however, The mechanic that came out said that wouldnt stop it firing up so he checked to see if the fuel was getting through and the simple answer is no. So Grey Ghost gonna give your idea a go,but being lazy ha ha was just wondering if there are other areas easy to check first, fuel cut off switches etc. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers Mike

PS any rough idea what this would cost if im totally lazy and just take it to a garage ha ha

Have you reconnected the connector ? I assume all vehicles had speed sensed PAS
Old 22nd September 2007, 11:00   #28
mikeG33

MG ZT

No havent got one yet will need to buy one as i assume its laid on a road somewhere after it fell off any ideas of where to go a get PAS sensor and while im on the orange clip assuming thats what wrong with the fuel filter?

Can i also appologise again for being comletely useless ha ha and thanks again for all the assistance. :lol:
Old 22nd September 2007, 11:20   #29
GreyGhost
Banned

180+ Sport Auto

Call Rimmer Bros http://www.rimmerbros.co.uk/stoppress/mgrover.htx

Orange clip WJC000230
PAS sensor when you call.
GreyGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2007, 11:43   #30
Greeners

MG-ZTT

If I've picked up the correct sensor, it's QGG100130 (I'm sure someone else will check and confirm or deny)..........

You may want to sit down as it's listed as costing £118.74 + vat..........

According to the EMS workbook, if you loose this sensor, the MIL light won't come on, but you wil get a fault code and the idle will become very lumpy especially when turning the wheel.

Possibly try Les at SMC who's breaking a number of cars.....