Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 19th May 2012, 15:24   #21
Wilmac
Avid contributor

75 Connie Saloon cdt (03)

Thumbs up

Hi HARRY

SO SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT THE DREADFUL WAY YOU HAVE BEEN TREATED, WHEN YOU WERE GOOD ENOUGH TO TRUST OTHERS.

HOPEFULLY AFTER YOUR BREAK YOU MAY RECONSIDER, AND MAYBE YOU SHOULD CHARGE A RE-FUNDABLE DEPOSIT, WHICH WOULD BE FORFEITED AFTER 10 DAYS FROM THE DATE OF POSTAGE...

AGAIN THANKS FOR YOUR HELP IN THE PAST ...
Wilmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2012, 18:34   #22
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Thanked 2,061 Times in 1,586 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilmac View Post
Hi HARRY

SO SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT THE DREADFUL WAY YOU HAVE BEEN TREATED, WHEN YOU WERE GOOD ENOUGH TO TRUST OTHERS.

HOPEFULLY AFTER YOUR BREAK YOU MAY RECONSIDER, AND MAYBE YOU SHOULD CHARGE A RE-FUNDABLE DEPOSIT, WHICH WOULD BE FORFEITED AFTER 10 DAYS FROM THE DATE OF POSTAGE...

AGAIN THANKS FOR YOUR HELP IN THE PAST ...
Had I been able to find a means of charging a refundable deposit, I would have done that from the start. I could do it via Paypal, but even cancelling (refunding) incurs charges. As said, I'm trying to keep the overall cost down to an absolute minimum, yet trying to keep a brisk service going.

Oh and a public thanks to you, for returning yours unused as soon as you realised you would not be able to install it as quickly as planned. Very much appreciated

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...40#post1764540

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
HarryM1BYT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2012, 19:10   #23
hibsfan

rover 75 saloon.connie

Default compensator

hi harry,have not been able to fit modified compensator due to the bad weather we have at the moment in edinburgh,will fit and return asap,very sorry for the deley.[hibsfan]
hibsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2012, 19:14   #24
keeftheduck
Loves to post

Rover 75 SE Saloon 1.8

I agree with Nick Nick...name and shame them H; if they can't be bothered to return their old one, or even do the mod in the first place, then they have no business asking you a modified compensator, or for your time and effort which you freely give.

So whoever it is out there suffering from idle-itus;

SHOW HARRY THE RESPECT HE DESERVES FOR OFFERING YOU THIS SERVICE IN THE FIRST PLACE!

YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF YOURSELVES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm going to keep the red one...
keeftheduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2012, 19:21   #25
Parker
This is my second home

Jaguar XJ 3.0 V6 Auto (X350) & Hyundai Tuscon 2020

Sad to read this when really well intentioned members put their heart and soul into a project for the benefit of others only to be scuppered by a few. Please if you have been helped out go along with the requirements of the project whether this one or others on the go within the club otherwise we may all suffer from the good work by others being withdrawn.

Last edited by Parker; 19th May 2012 at 19:37..
Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2012, 19:22   #26
Zeb
Banned

MGZT V8 & ZTT 190+LPG

I understand Harry's point of view....BUT...so far, two of the three have popped up with valid explanations....unfortunately things happen and there is a hold-up. That being the case, here are two suggestions:

1) IF there is going to be a delay in getting it fitted then people need to let Harry know asap!

2) It would be useful if Harry had access to a secondary supply from people as and when they get hold of one of these so that, WHEN there is a delay....and clearly it WILL happen, then Harry and others are not left in limbo by it.

Can we stop the requests for tarring and feathering now please?
Zeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2012, 19:51   #27
Greeners

MG-ZTT

Thanked 1,249 Times in 1,036 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeb View Post
Well said....
Greeners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2012, 20:00   #28
Arctic
Give to Learn

Freelander 2

Thanked 6,407 Times in 3,874 Posts

Hi Harry.
I started to have this same problem when i first sent them out with the few i had, i soon realised that not all members would be able to fit a soon as the compensator arrivedbe it for work commitments weather not able to do the mod them selves and had to wait for someone to help fit it for them etc and at times was waiting up to 3 weeks for returns i then bought 7 from lakelandminis found serveral from the scrap yards, other were sent to me by members i have in the end built up stock of 28 and send them out in batches of 7 per week asking the member to please try and fit within a seven day period if not please let me know.

I also keep a tight list on whom have them and the dates they were sent out if not returned after 10 days i send a email asking please advise about the situation and i find all members will abide by this and thank them very much i also fit them at home and this way you are able to help and also have the old one right away.

I was also having trouble with member not putting there forum name on the returns or inside the envelope so this made my list a nightmare i have now introduced a slip which can be filled in and seems to be working better, i to was thinking of taking a deposit on the compensators sent out but like you knew it would also cause lots of back and forth with paypal hope you get this sorted out a little break from someting now and then never hurts your help with the advise with regards to compensator mod is second to none good luck Arctic.

ad altiora tendo.

Check out our Nano meet dates
http://www.midlandsnanomeets.co.uk/

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/index.php?thepage=howto

" You do the work , we supply the expertise "
Arctic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2012, 20:11   #29
nick nick
Retired

R75 CDTI SE ( N80 UTD )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeb View Post
I understand Harry's point of view....BUT...so far, two of the three have popped up with valid explanations....unfortunately things happen and there is a hold-up. That being the case, here are two suggestions:

1) IF there is going to be a delay in getting it fitted then people need to let Harry know asap!

2) It would be useful if Harry had access to a secondary supply from people as and when they get hold of one of these so that, WHEN there is a delay....and clearly it WILL happen, then Harry and others are not left in limbo by it.

For the life in me i cant find where any post suggested tar & feathering anyone apart from yours.....I believe Harry is posting through gritted teeth
he is putting his heart & soul into something that we will all benefit from and because of a selfish few others have to suffer if i were harry i would be spiting feathers
nick nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2012, 21:43   #30
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Thanked 2,061 Times in 1,586 Posts

Well at least that's the two most recent late ones accounted for and my apologies for getting het up - I was just trying to get another batch done and in the post quickly, before ducking out for a while.

I do appreciate there can sometimes be unavoidable delays for a variety of reasons. A stock pile of these would certainly help the situation out, but as I'll be away for a while, I'll wait until I'm back at the keyboard to take up the offers.

Some means of taking a deposit on their safe return would be useful if only there some way to do that without it adding cost? Again asking for a compensator to be sent to me first to be modified, wastes money and I'm trying keep the cost to an absolute minimum.

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...40#post1764540

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
HarryM1BYT is offline   Reply With Quote