Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 27th October 2015, 07:38   #21
Kiltman
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT CDTi 135 / Rover 75 Club SE 160

Sub 10 is possible for a manual😉 But I wouldn't do it again!
As has been said, the pick up from 40-70 is what brings the smiles!
Kiltman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2015, 07:39   #22
KRISTLEE

None at the moment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragrad View Post
A huge increase in power But do not go from a standing start Could be detrimental due to the torque applied But from 15mph to 60mph (coming off a roundabout) uphill, mine does in about 9 seconds .... Happy

The downside to the upgrade is that if you use too much welly from a standing start, the wheel spin is rather embarrassing And not to be repeated... too often
Yeah it is great when already rolling as you say coming off a roundabout (especially after a dodgy drift around one lol). Actually nearly drifted side on into a wall yesterday as I was going round a very tight corner (one of many) on the A75 (how I would love to drive that road on a motorbike ) and a white van man was nearly up my rear end so I couldn't slow down too much incase he wrote me off so I slid round (something I never want to experience again as it's quite poo in pantsifying!!).

I have managed to unintentionally wheel spin my automatic a couple of times ...both times going left from the same t junction

Lee.

DONE: HAD A CRAZY IDEA THAT I HAD TO GET RID OF MY MG ZTT DUE TO NOT HAVING A DRIVE AND HAVING TO PARK ON A BUSY STREET WITH A VIEW TO GETTING ANOTHER ONE AT A LATER DATE WHEN I HAVE A DRIVE.

ENDED UP REALISING IT REALLY ISN'T PRACTICAL NOT HAVING A CAR TO GET AROUND AND I NOW OWN A VW EOS 3.2 V6 INDIVIDUAL (1 OF 20 REMAINING IN THE UK WITH THAT ENGINE AND TRIM COMBO) EVEN THOUGH I STILL LIVE ON A BUSY ROAD WITHOUT A DRIVE
KRISTLEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2015, 07:42   #23
KRISTLEE

None at the moment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kennyeth View Post
I`m not sure about this, it`s been a while since I had it connected but, does Torque have a setting for this, 0-60? I probably dreamed it
Ken.
It does yes but I've never used it so cannot comment on it's accuracy/ability

Lee.

DONE: HAD A CRAZY IDEA THAT I HAD TO GET RID OF MY MG ZTT DUE TO NOT HAVING A DRIVE AND HAVING TO PARK ON A BUSY STREET WITH A VIEW TO GETTING ANOTHER ONE AT A LATER DATE WHEN I HAVE A DRIVE.

ENDED UP REALISING IT REALLY ISN'T PRACTICAL NOT HAVING A CAR TO GET AROUND AND I NOW OWN A VW EOS 3.2 V6 INDIVIDUAL (1 OF 20 REMAINING IN THE UK WITH THAT ENGINE AND TRIM COMBO) EVEN THOUGH I STILL LIVE ON A BUSY ROAD WITHOUT A DRIVE
KRISTLEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2015, 07:45   #24
geordie1
Regular poster

Rover 75 saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyb44 View Post
. If the 160 auto can do it in around 12 seconds whats a standard 116 like.
From memory, about an hour.
geordie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2015, 07:51   #25
klarzy
This is my second home

none but not gone

Thanked 4,247 Times in 3,025 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRISTLEE View Post
It does yes but I've never used it so cannot comment on it's accuracy/ability
I have used it and found the gps to read a little low so perhaps I could knock a second off of the reported time.
Old 27th October 2015, 08:05   #26
RogerHeinz57

A Reasonably Priced Car

Thanked 1,064 Times in 712 Posts

The re-map is great on any of our diesels !
The results can vary though dependant of the engine itself, some take the re-map quite well and really seem happy with it, whilst others will play nicely but not be so lively or responsive at exactly the same rev range. My car has a great torque curve and runs to quite a high RPM delivering some amazing results whilst offering a clean burst at the lower range too.
Again, I have no 0-60 figures, but evidence shows upset to BMW 320's and similar cars in terms of how they can be left behind by an old man's car either in cheekyness or anger, it works just as good.
What is the recipe for this ?
My car gets 3 oil services a year, only powered when warm, runs on Shell standard fuel unless in an emergency then any fuel is added to just complete the journey, and the biggy, not a pants re-map! Phil has been responsible for mine, and is very impressed by it's abilities as he travels in this car twice a month on average!
Sure there may be components that wear prematurely, fuel pumps and clutches etc, but these are items that fail at any time what ever the engine tune so it all evens itself out in the end.
The car is used with decency and occasionally gets a leg stretch but it is respected, enjoyed and looked after nicely. Good news all round!
RogerHeinz57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st October 2015, 19:00   #27
grivas

Rover 75 CDT Club Tourer

It has been said before, and will be said again no doubt, 0 to 60 figures are meaningless, in any setting, if you want to ruin your car, keep trying it out the R75 was never designed for this kind of treatment, it is set up for cruising the gearbox and clutch are delicate and the turbo is not powerful enough, my advice is leave it well alone, incedently the standard 135 upgrade is absolutely fine none else is necessary, you can cruise all day long at 85-90 ( if you were allowed to) and I mean ALL day and the car will be perfectly happy, never happier, the BMW engine was set up just precisely for that, if you want to drive fast, and I mean really fast, assuming you knew how to, then try a 335D then come back and tell us what you think, it will scare you half to death, we had a 530 auto that was plenty fast trust me when I tell you, very few cars can hold a candle to it and that was more than 22 years old.!
grivas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st November 2015, 09:27   #28
barney bear
This is my second home

rover 75 Connoiseur diesel called Rosey

Thanked 2,001 Times in 1,424 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by grivas View Post
It has been said before, and will be said again no doubt, 0 to 60 figures are meaningless, in any setting, if you want to ruin your car, keep trying it out the R75 was never designed for this kind of treatment, it is set up for cruising the gearbox and clutch are delicate and the turbo is not powerful enough, my advice is leave it well alone, incedently the standard 135 upgrade is absolutely fine none else is necessary, you can cruise all day long at 85-90 ( if you were allowed to) and I mean ALL day and the car will be perfectly happy, never happier, the BMW engine was set up just precisely for that, if you want to drive fast, and I mean really fast, assuming you knew how to, then try a 335D then come back and tell us what you think, it will scare you half to death, we had a 530 auto that was plenty fast trust me when I tell you, very few cars can hold a candle to it and that was more than 22 years old.!
The 335D runs about 270 bhp so it's not really a comparison to our cars is it I agree that they are very, very quick but I still prefer our Rosey. BMW's are just too common nowadays, if I was to but one though it would be a 535D because I do like the look of them.
Old 1st November 2015, 09:32   #29
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

Thanked 5,083 Times in 3,114 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyb44 View Post
Hi Dinky
I would seriously recommend the remap. It quite literally brings your car to life especially if yours is just a 116 auto like mine was .
Well worth it buddy.
And you will enjoy the increase in mpg too.
I took mine from Newcastle to Essex and back a couple of weeks ago,sticking to 70/75mph,and it returned 62.4mpg, 14 year o.d diesel auto tourer.
Old 1st November 2015, 10:15   #30
freck
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 CDT Connie Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRISTLEE View Post
it's quite poo in pantsifying!!
What a great saying, brilliant!

Mods planned - Cruise retrofit - Done, ZT front bumper - Done, 160 remap - Done...and probably one or two more

This vehicle was the 15,751st 75 Tourer to run off the production line, out of 27,407
This vehicle was the 3,726th 75 Tourer CDT Connoisseur to be made out of 4,100
This vehicle was the 732nd 75 Tourer in Starlight Silver (code: MBB) to be made out of 4,100 Starlight Silver 75 Tourers
freck is offline   Reply With Quote