Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

View Poll Results: Do you use regular unleaded or super unleaded?
Regular unleaded 21 61.76%
Super unleaded e.g v-power etc... 13 38.24%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Old 26th November 2006, 21:11   #21
Dave Goody
This is my second home

15 years of 75s & ZTs now an XTrail

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichK View Post
I've been running my 1.8 on Tesco regular unleaded for a couple of years, the car is slow/unresponsive, I've always put it down to the 1.8 being too small an engine to drag a heavy car.

Don't forget though, if you buy a gallon of petrol from Tesco, how much of that gallon has been "watered down" by additives?

You won't be getting a full gallon of petrol, you'll get about 85% petrol and 15% additive, if you follow my drift...
The additives dont water it down, "they beef it up" without any additives you would find your engine would probably self destruct after a few thousand miles, the major companies additive pack is much bigger than the supermarkets Dave
Dave Goody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2006, 22:07   #22
Commodore
Loves to post

ex: Rover 75 2.0 V6 Club SE (2001 model on an 02 Plate). Now: MG Motor MG ZS Exclusive 1L Automatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tootall View Post
I know for a fact i get more miles per tank from Shell diesel than from a tank of Morrisons fuel.
The one and only time I ever filled up at a Morrisons forecourt the car was most unhappy (was my last car, a Pug 106, rather than the 75).

Coughed, spluttered and crawled for days until I worked it through.

Unless it is an emergency, I always fill up at Sainsburys. Probably not the best petrol in terms of additives, but where I am it is the cheapest by a mile and the cars seem to like it.
Owners Club Member No. 86

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...ine=1163024370 Gone but not forgotten....The Tank
Rover 75 2.0 V6 Club SE (2001 model on an 02 Plate)
Commodore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2006, 22:15   #23
Tatts
This is my second home

MG6 TL

Quote:
Originally Posted by driverjgp View Post
Can't wait to hear your findings, I also notice there are quite a few of you using super fuel according to the poll, So are there any great benefits? also does it warrant the extra cost? I have noted that V power is an extra 10p litre that is alot of money over a tank full and over a year!!!

True.

But, 10p/litre = about £5 a tank.

I get around 20 miles per tank more using premium fuel -v- regular unleaded, thats about £4 worth of fuel.

So, it costs 'roughly' £1 a tank more to use. Like I said, the car feels more responsive, and if I believe all the advertising blurb about how much cleaner, greener and efficient it is, then it's worth £1 a tank!
Tatts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2006, 09:32   #24
DJO
Avid contributor

Vauxhall Zafira

Smile Tesco - first experience

The weekend before last I visited my sister, my brother in law had spare tesco voucher so I filled up on the way home. Never filled up there before in the ZT.

I filled up on their 99RON stuff, and the ZT seems very happy. Seems to be using lower revs to maintain progress on the motorway, and I find I'm having to watch my speed more!

Before that I filled up on the BP expensive stuff and that seemed OK, usually I find a BP so I can get Nectar points!

David
DJO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2006, 10:05   #25
Rushy Racer
Avid contributor

'04 ZT-T190+ Now Sold

Somewhere I have read a thread ( on another forum) where Tesco fuel came out better than Shell Optimax & BP. I will try and find it again and post the link but it was by a Company who tuned the K Series engine for the Elise
Old 27th November 2006, 11:24   #26
Rushy Racer
Avid contributor

'04 ZT-T190+ Now Sold

Try this
http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/t...57&h=&t=221733
Old 27th November 2006, 18:15   #27
Mel75
Regular poster

Rover 75 Saloon 1.8T Classic

I think people miss the point with petrol every one wants more performance do you realy want to thrash your car,there is enough idiots on the road now that think they are on a race track

With the big companies its not about out right perfomance yes more performance is part, the main idea is to keep your engine clean and in good condition inside thus getting a better burn which also helps the environment this is the main point, if you use top grade fuel your engine will run just as well in years to come as it does now with reduced wear and tear, less polution.

most of you are to young to remember the days of de-cokeing cars because they can hardly climb hills.

forget about boy racer fuel and choose the one thats going to look after your engine best now and in the future, can save a lot of money in the long run.

Mel75
Mel75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2006, 18:27   #28
Tootall
Gets stuck in

ZTT - CDTi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zebedeedooday View Post
....happily, being a facelift model and only having the one fuel pump I can run my tank down without fear of failure!
Is this a fact first time i can remember this being mentioned or have i been asleep seeing as i 9 times out of 10 run my CDTi down to the light.
Tootall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2006, 20:11   #29
driverjgp
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Club 2.5 V6 Auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJO View Post
The weekend before last I visited my sister, my brother in law had spare tesco voucher so I filled up on the way home. Never filled up there before in the ZT.

I filled up on their 99RON stuff, and the ZT seems very happy. Seems to be using lower revs to maintain progress on the motorway, and I find I'm having to watch my speed more!

Before that I filled up on the BP expensive stuff and that seemed OK, usually I find a BP so I can get Nectar points!

David

Hi David and welcome to our mad world, I tried the Tesco Super a few months ago, I have the 2.5 V6 engine and to be honest with you I didn't really feel much difference to Shell regular fuel so I didn't think it was worth the extra 4p a litre, although I will try a tank of V power when my light comes on again so I will post my findings once the test is complete although it will have to be something special to warrant an extra 10p a litre,, I.m not just expecting extra power and a cleaner engine but its miles to the gallon, if it gives me an extra 20 to 30 miles to the tank I would think it would be a good fuel taking into account extra performance when ever you may need it to get you out of trouble and the piece of mind to know that your engine is being cleaned as you drive so surly it would save you money over a period of a year or so?? we will see once i have been through a tankful or two, I would be happy to hear of other people's findings.

Jason Player
Woodbridge,
Suffolk

Money can't buy happiness. But it sure makes misery easier to live with.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Rover 75 Club Auto K-Series 2.5 Litre Quad Cam 24 Valve in Steel Blue December 2000 Cowley build.
driverjgp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2006, 20:12   #30
Lord Minty
Avid contributor

Rover 75 1.8 Connoisseur SE Saloon in Royal Blue pearlescent 2004/54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Goody View Post
The additives dont water it down, "they beef it up" without any additives you would find your engine would probably self destruct after a few thousand miles, the major companies additive pack is much bigger than the supermarkets Dave
Well I used 'normal' Tesco fuel in my old '92 K-reg 214Si for 13 years/113k miles and it never caused any problems. I accidentally filled it up with super unleaded once and it made absolutely no difference to the performance either.

Just my 2p.
Lord Minty is offline   Reply With Quote