Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 12th August 2016, 13:56   #21
Supervinnie40
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75 1.8 Club

Today I finally had the time and space to do what I wanted to do.

Changed the oil (plus filter), the coolant, flushed the system, cleaned out some small spaces, gave the scuttle panel a good clean + protection and clean the hell out of the underside of the engine (and the bottom cover).

Turned out, the source of the oil sweating, was a broken ring on the sump plug. The ring was broken, and the plug was loose enough to screw it off by hand. It was already sticking out for a good half centimeter. I got the feeling that when the engine was running, the oil was forced out or something. It then slowly dripped down the sump to the center, and by driving (going left and right, pulling up and braking) the oil got "thrown" around, to cause other parts to get oil on them.

In the end, it turned out a very easy job. I just really don't understand why I hadn't seen it before.... Must have been partially blind and cross-eyed for not noticing it before.

Anyway, the job is done. There should be no more leaks.

While I got your attention, I made some pictures while changing the cam cover gasket, can anybody see something strange? I don't know what to look for, or how to recognize stuff. But maybe somebody on here is experienced enough to see something on the photo that I should be aware off.

Old 12th August 2016, 17:02   #22
T-Cut
This is my second home

Rover75 and Mreg Corsa.

Thanked 3,660 Times in 2,924 Posts

The only thing obvious to me is the complete absence of oil! This whole area should be flooded with engine oil.

TC
T-Cut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th August 2016, 19:47   #23
Supervinnie40
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75 1.8 Club

I should've mentioned that this picture was taken after I drained the oil. I was in the middle of the oil change when I did this. (technically speaking, the missus was doing that while I did the cam cover gasket )
Obviously I filled the engine up with oil before I started her again