Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 22nd November 2015, 12:31   #31
chiron_myth
Loves to post

Rover 75 Tourer

I've not long ordered the capacitor version of the A118 and I'm planning to power it from the rear view mirror behind the interior light. I've also bought a G1W-C dash cam for the rear of the car.

Bought one of these which should be enough to power both and keep all the wiring hidden.
Old 22nd November 2015, 13:44   #32
wuzerk
Passed Away

Rover 75 CDT 03 auto Conn. SE

Default Modius camera

Quote:
Originally Posted by stocktake View Post
Cannot find that one, do you have a link?
Sorry Stocktake I missed your post. If anybody is looking for a link to the Modius camera here it is
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9qx5fgy8f28
wuzerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2015, 11:35   #33
Arctic
Give to Learn

Freelander 2

Thanked 6,407 Times in 3,874 Posts

Hi Bob.
Thanks for sharing marked for future use, as I keep meaning to add a dash cam cheers Arctic

ad altiora tendo.

Check out our Nano meet dates
http://www.midlandsnanomeets.co.uk/

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/index.php?thepage=howto

" You do the work , we supply the expertise "
Arctic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th January 2016, 00:13   #34
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

Thanked 2,657 Times in 1,973 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiron_myth View Post
I've not long ordered the capacitor version of the A118 and I'm planning to power it from the rear view mirror behind the interior light. I've also bought a G1W-C dash cam for the rear of the car.

Bought one of these which should be enough to power both and keep all the wiring hidden.
Hi John, (and perhaps Bob too, has a solution?)I have just fitted one of these at the weekend. Overall I am pleased with it, the video though appears to be interpolated, but that is easily sorted. My main concern is the when I switch the car off, the camera stops, which is how I wanted it to be. However, the camera shuts down straight away, rendering that portion of footage unrecognisable. Have you noticed this? It, too is the capacitor version also. My previous camera, a battery powered one, didnt do this, recording on for a few seconds before powering down after removing the key. Which is basically what you would do after something was to happen.

The instructions are not clear at all, and make no mention of this. I cannot find anything online about it either, and wonder do I have to charge the capacitor in some way?

It is not gloss primer .............. it is duct tape silver!
clf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th January 2016, 17:09   #35
Dorset Bob
Senior Citizen

Rover 75 2.5 Connoisseur SE,Chrysler 300C,124 Spider, Daytona 955i,Honda XL250 & Royal Enfield 650GT

Thanked 2,685 Times in 1,686 Posts

I am not sure that I can help Alan, as mine is a battery version rather than the capacitor type.
When turning the ignition off it stays on, recording for about 5 seconds.

Under the menus there is a spanner. If you select that, there is an option (3rd one down) "Auto Power Off".
You should be able to select the duration under that setting.

Let the good times roll............

Dorset Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th January 2016, 17:13   #36
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorset Bob View Post
I am not sure that I can help Alan, as mine is a battery version rather than the capacitor type.
When turning the ignition off it stays on, recording for about 5 seconds.

Under the menus there is a spanner. If you select that, there is an option (3rd one down) "Auto Power Off".
You should be able to select the duration under that setting.
Thanks Bob, I did notice that, but thought it would switch the unit off whilst driving. I will try that tomorrow.

Thank you. It makes sense really, why would a dash cam auto switch off after 1-5 mins of driving Lol :doh:

Old 26th January 2016, 21:49   #37
bl52krz
This is my second home

Rover 75 cdt club + Rover 2.5 KV6 Conni SE

Thanked 2,262 Times in 1,729 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctic View Post
Hi Bob.
Thanks for sharing marked for future use, as I keep meaning to add a dash cam cheers Arctic
Hi Steve. I have got a Nextbase 402 dash cam fitted to the front and a Nextbase 202 at the rear. if you would like, I could come round and show you the results of the filming when on the road. And It Has GPS stamped on the film, there is no jerking at all when being replayed on the T.V.. The recording is done in 3 minute periods so it makes it easy to send just the part of the recording to the insurance company if you have an accident.Just let me know if you want to have a look.
Old 27th January 2016, 04:33   #38
BaroqueMoon
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Saloon

Thanks for sharing your install details Bob. Looks very smart.

This vehicle was the 82,624th 75 to run off the production line, out of 112,381
This vehicle was the 6,161st 75 2.5 V6 Contemporary to be made out of 8,214
This vehicle was the 9,755th 75 in White Gold Metallic (code: GMN) to be made out of 12,251 White Gold Metallic 75s
BaroqueMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2016, 19:13   #39
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

Quote:
Originally Posted by clf View Post
Hi John, (and perhaps Bob too, has a solution?)I have just fitted one of these at the weekend. Overall I am pleased with it, the video though appears to be interpolated, but that is easily sorted. My main concern is the when I switch the car off, the camera stops, which is how I wanted it to be. However, the camera shuts down straight away, rendering that portion of footage unrecognisable. Have you noticed this? It, too is the capacitor version also. My previous camera, a battery powered one, didnt do this, recording on for a few seconds before powering down after removing the key. Which is basically what you would do after something was to happen.

The instructions are not clear at all, and make no mention of this. I cannot find anything online about it either, and wonder do I have to charge the capacitor in some way?

SORTED!!!

After a little research online, came across this site DashCamTalk. Ultimately it seems some of the cams have the incorrect firmware.

The symptoms were, the LEDs would turn off as soon as the power is switched off, and the screen went off too. This meant the file did not fully write to the card, therefore it shows as a corrupt file. Which is not ideal, since when you are in an accident, normally the first thing you do is turn the power off. Which will wipe out the video leading up to the incident, in most cases.

The firmware version I had (capacitor version) was A118.20150104, the one that solved it for me was found via a google search A118.20150318. Now the lights fade out after approx 3 seconds from removing the key.

Old 28th January 2016, 22:54   #40
Dorset Bob
Senior Citizen

Rover 75 2.5 Connoisseur SE,Chrysler 300C,124 Spider, Daytona 955i,Honda XL250 & Royal Enfield 650GT

Thanked 2,685 Times in 1,686 Posts

Thanks Alan for that link to DashCamTalk.
I am glad that you have got your unit working as it should.

Let the good times roll............

Dorset Bob is offline   Reply With Quote