Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 25th March 2012, 08:50   #31
Robbberd
Loves to post

MG ZT

Hi,
When I had my car (ZT CDTi ), it had the bad judder , again only when cold really , I checked the lower mount and discovered it had the yellow powerflex one fitted...? So as the car was going into the garage for some other jobs i decided to have the red powerflex bush fitted , I also bought the smaller uprated purple bush too... Well had these fitted and hardly any change whatsoever...????
If i give the engine more revs before dropping the clutch , it isnt as bad , engine idles at about 600 rpm ,should it be idling higher ???

Is this problem related to clutch being changed in the past ?? Nearly all forum entries ive read talk about clutch being changed previously to the fault arising, are there any other commonalities??
there seems to be a lot of disscusion on the forums , but no real solid answer , ...
Robbberd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2012, 09:23   #32
T16
I really should get out more.......

ZT CDTi 135, ZT260SE

Its going to be the clutch. Simple as that.

If the mounts are ok then thats all thats left.

I used to have judder when pulling away sometimes, and it disappeared after a changing the clutch when my slave cylinder gave up the ghost.

Its no big deal, just live with it until the clutch needs replacing, unless its so bad that you think the pressure plate/clutch assembly is breaking up somehow.

Dont forget, that if some garage monkey has replaced the clutch at some point in the past they may have managed to warp the pressure plate, which can cause judder too.
T16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2012, 09:26   #33
T16
I really should get out more.......

ZT CDTi 135, ZT260SE

Btw, that clutch damper does NOTHING for judder...

Its meant to reduce the diesel vibration/clatter you can feel through the clutch system. Some people moaned about it and they came up with the damper as the "solution"

There was an MG Technical bulletin someone kindly posted on here, which had all the details.
T16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2012, 09:45   #34
marinabrian

MG ZT

Thanked 10,837 Times in 5,718 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryM1BYT View Post
I suspect that all it does is have a one way valve in it, not restricting how fast you push the pedal down, but restricting the flow of fluid coming back as you release the pedal.
So that'll be one press of the clutch to disengage, then never re engage then?, a flow restricter perhaps? but a non return valve, certainly not
Brian
marinabrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2012, 15:23   #35
Robbberd
Loves to post

MG ZT

Had problems with my clutch since , leaking at the connector( underneath the fuel filter , to the left of the battery,) Lad in the Garage repaired the connector using spares from anotherscrap unit , bled system , all ok..( still had judder tho) went again last week , couldnt get first , clutch to the floor.... So took it back. They checked that connection again and it had a fine leak. He stripped it and told me he put a slightly bigger o ring in it,bled it again , etc etc, it appears to be holding together ok ( i know , for now)but , the clutch has never felt better , really light , bighting point higher , and ..... judder has gone ????? Ive priced a clutch there too , Luk ,slave and master , about £600 fitted. If I want a new DMF , price for £900+
To be honest I had checked this connector and you could not see the leak underneath , it was only when i ran a finger under it could i tell it was leaking ... One to look out for ??
Robbberd is offline   Reply With Quote