Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Club Classifieds > Members Cars For-Sale
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 1st May 2012, 10:37   #51
vindaloo
Ex Owner

MX-5 ND2 RF

I would absolutely love to own this car and it's not the purchase price that puts me off, it is simply (and I think this may apply to other members) that I have 3 cars already, no additional undercover storage space and the cost of another insurance policy with no NCB to use and the road tax for the limited amount of use it would get makes it unviable........and I need a Tourer for a European expedition as well.
vindaloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st May 2012, 19:27   #52
Badgertone
Regular poster

MG ZT

Quote:
Originally Posted by vindaloo View Post
I would absolutely love to own this car and it's not the purchase price that puts me off, it is simply (and I think this may apply to other members) that I have 3 cars already, no additional undercover storage space and the cost of another insurance policy with no NCB to use and the road tax for the limited amount of use it would get makes it unviable........and I need a Tourer for a European expedition as well.

Very fair and understandable comments......my problem too!!! (no garage, two car drive....where to put 3 cars???)....and yes, I did 'to and fro' about getting rid of the rest of my front garden and keeping my pride and joy (a classic 'win-win situation if you aren't a gardener)
Badgertone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd May 2012, 20:56   #53
rotrex
Passed Away

mg zt cdti se 150+. mg ztt 190 lpg. rover 75 cdt club se.

Quote:
Jim. that pretty much describe me tbh. currently have 4 cars. 2 insured/taxed and 2 sat waiting. and of coarce skint all time as I have this awfull afliction I only buy cars I like. so then never want to part with any madness I know but what the old saying=cant learn an old dog new tricks
only time will tell if a member will buy this old girl and cherish her into old age, fingers crossed
rotrex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd May 2012, 21:03   #54
vindaloo
Ex Owner

MX-5 ND2 RF

Quote:
Originally Posted by rotrex View Post
Jim. that pretty much describe me tbh. currently have 4 cars. 2 insured/taxed and 2 sat waiting. and of coarce skint all time as I have this awfull afliction I only buy cars I like. so then never want to part with any madness I know but what the old saying=cant learn an old dog new tricks
only time will tell if a member will buy this old girl and cherish her into old age, fingers crossed
If I find my ideal tourer I will have 4 and there's not a snowballs chance in hell that my 1.8T will go, no amount of money could tempt me.
vindaloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd May 2012, 21:24   #55
rotrex
Passed Away

mg zt cdti se 150+. mg ztt 190 lpg. rover 75 cdt club se.

Quote:
If I find my ideal tourer I will have 4 and there's not a snowballs chance in hell that my 1.8T will go, no amount of money could tempt me.
Jim.
having seen your 1.8t I know what it means to you, you'd be a mug to part with it as you know.
having been dealt a devastating financial blow a few days ago I might be forced to part with my tourer and my contemporary although hoping it wont come to that
Badgertone.
sorry for the highjack mate. back on topic good luck whatever happens mate. tam.
rotrex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th May 2012, 19:11   #56
Badgertone
Regular poster

MG ZT

Default Price reduction and spare alloy wheels included

This is my final price reduction - I am also including a set of spare alloy wheels (Union 16 inch in very good condition)

Brief reminder:
12 Months MOT (to 26/4/2012).

Taxed to 31/1/2013

All major jobs already carried out and price reduced to £1600

Offers invited

I still remain very keen for this to go to an enthusiast on this Forum - I have done everything I can to try and make sure the car gets well looked after and goes to a decent new home

There has been plenty of posts about this car and plenty of political debate (posting about the car today moved to 'Club Website and Forum Feedback'. I intend to leave the car on this forum until 9/5/2012 and if it isn't sold during this time, regrettably I will remove it from sale here. I've tried hard to make sure that car stays where it belongs, but I sincerely don't want to hack people off (I will face up to whatever the market is telling me!) - it would be a great shame (and irony) if this rare and excellent car caused any issues amongst the membership
Old 4th May 2012, 19:23   #57
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Hi Tony

Good luck with the sale. Have you thought about advertising it on the international market where it would command a much higher price?
Some countries have an age restriction and some do not. You might want to think about advertising it in some of the main line car magazines as they are the ones which get read around the world. I am not pulling your leg here.

Try and keep positive.

If a member or a visitor to the forum manages to make you a serious offer so much the better.
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th May 2012, 20:12   #58
lovema75
This is my second home

75 Tourer CDT

No question if I had the money I would be beating a path to your door...
lovema75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th May 2012, 21:21   #59
MrDoodles
Banned

MG ZT+ V6 190

Thanked 1,196 Times in 818 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badgertone View Post
This is my final price reduction - I am also including a set of spare alloy wheels (Union 16 inch in very good condition)

Brief reminder:
12 Months MOT (to 26/4/2012).

Taxed to 31/1/2013

All major jobs already carried out and price reduced to £1600

Offers invited

I still remain very keen for this to go to an enthusiast on this Forum - I have done everything I can to try and make sure the car gets well looked after and goes to a decent new home

There has been plenty of posts about this car and plenty of political debate (posting about the car today moved to 'Club Website and Forum Feedback'. I intend to leave the car on this forum until 9/5/2012 and if it isn't sold during this time, regrettably I will remove it from sale here. I've tried hard to make sure that car stays where it belongs, but I sincerely don't want to hack people off (I will face up to whatever the market is telling me!) - it would be a great shame (and irony) if this rare and excellent car caused any issues amongst the membership
Sorry, but my curiosity has got the better of me!

Assuming that it doesn't sell by the 9th, just wondered where you were planning on advertising it next and at what price?
MrDoodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2012, 08:14   #60
Badgertone
Regular poster

MG ZT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate Keeper View Post
Hi Tony

Good luck with the sale. Have you thought about advertising it on the international market where it would command a much higher price?
Some countries have an age restriction and some do not. You might want to think about advertising it in some of the main line car magazines as they are the ones which get read around the world. I am not pulling your leg here.

Try and keep positive.

If a member or a visitor to the forum manages to make you a serious offer so much the better.
Cheers Phil (and Lovema75 and Mr Doodles)

Sounds like sensible advice to me - I will be doing a bit of research over the next few days and weigh up where best to market the car (and at what starting price etc). Logically, this Forum should have been the very best place to advertise for all parties concerned