Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 11th December 2011, 09:03   #1
sworks
This is my second home

Rover 75 Tourer, Classic mini Cooper S, Abarth 595 competizione, MG TF and a Hyundai Tucson PHEV

Thanked 1,686 Times in 1,040 Posts
Default Turin

If you follow me on facebook you will know I've just returned from Turin. I have worked hard with Fiat and as a reward I was taken to Turin for a few days to see the Mirafiori and Abarth factory amongst other things. Once it became evident how much of a huge classic mini fan I was this turned into almost a Fiat / Italian job trip A lot of negotions went on by Fiat UK and the owners of the old factory and I was allowed to go on the roof of Lingotto - the old Fiat factory with the test track on the roof. After spending about 1/2 an hour We were allowed to 'walk' to the ground! Apparently this is very rare and Fiat had known it happen only Once in Ten years. This involved walking the spiral exit that the cars took from the roof to the ground - 5 floors. Seen lots of other stuff including the main square and the balcony where camp freddie stood, the stairs that the minis come down, the shopping precinct, the roof of the ice rink, the church where the minis come down the steps, the weir, a very brief glimpse of 'Charlies' Italian base and the arched path with the 'Martini' sign. I feel very privaledged as it was a Fiat based trip that they added too just for me.........So everybody please go out and buy a Fiat to go with your MG Rovers! Also had a bit of cultue - I went to the Cathederal where the Turin shroud is kept and to an exibition showing the origional sketch of the 'Madonna and child'

'Marmite' Possibly one of the most famous 75 tourers produced! left the production line as the last of only Three Rover 75 tourers produced in Trophy Yellow. 48 hours later Longbridge closed. The last sold ordered 75 Tourer. Paid for by the Phoenix Four and handed over by John Towers to the Warwickshire Northampton Air ambulance service as a Rapid Response vehicle
sworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2011, 18:59   #2
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

None

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

I suppose you could always trade in that Mini S Cooper works of yours for a Fiat 500 to go with the MG Rover! .....:xmas-smiley-004:

Seriously, I am very impressed that your employer rewarded your hard work with this trip. What a lovely surprise.
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2011, 19:12   #3
Phil
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDT Connoisseur SE

Smile

Fantastic Mark, I am glad to hear you had a great time.
Old 11th December 2011, 20:16   #4
VVC-Geeza
This is my second home

2005 Connoisseur SE 1.8 Turbo,2004 45 1.8 Connoisseur and my beloved 1998 VVC Coupe.

Thanked 1,016 Times in 739 Posts

Sounds a great experience Mark glad you enjoyed it

VVC-Geeza is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2011, 20:42   #5
sworks
This is my second home

Rover 75 Tourer, Classic mini Cooper S, Abarth 595 competizione, MG TF and a Hyundai Tucson PHEV

Thanked 1,686 Times in 1,040 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate Keeper View Post
I suppose you could always trade in that Mini S Cooper works of yours for a Fiat 500 to go with the MG Rover! .....:xmas-smiley-004:

Seriously, I am very impressed that your employer rewarded your hard work with this trip. What a lovely surprise.
The Classic 'S' will never go but the 500's are cool - It was Fiat UK that organised the trip so even better to be recognised from higher up

'Marmite' Possibly one of the most famous 75 tourers produced! left the production line as the last of only Three Rover 75 tourers produced in Trophy Yellow. 48 hours later Longbridge closed. The last sold ordered 75 Tourer. Paid for by the Phoenix Four and handed over by John Towers to the Warwickshire Northampton Air ambulance service as a Rapid Response vehicle
sworks is offline   Reply With Quote