Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum > Sat Nav Hardware & Software > All Other Navigation Systems
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 4th March 2014, 23:08   #1
75Connie
Gets stuck in

R75 Connoisseur CDT (116PS) Saloon Auto; R75 Connoisseur CDT (116PS) Tourer Manual

Default Where would you mount a 7 inch Tablet, but Not in the Radio area...?

I'm thinking of putting in a cheap & cheerful 7 inch Android tablet to handle my SatNav needs as well as Torque Pro gauges (and trip recording when I want it) etc in my 75 Connie. I don't want it to deal with Audio or Hands- Free phone, as my Pioneer Head Unit is beyond excellent in that regard. Also Internet access when needed will be provided by my mobile phone in tethering mode.

Where's the best position members have found for mounting same so that it is not in the way of safe driving, but is also in good line of sight for the screen display, and doesn't destabilise the whole retro look that I simply adore in the 75?

Too tall an order? We'll see...
75Connie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2014, 00:33   #2
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

Thanked 2,657 Times in 1,973 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 75Connie View Post
I'm thinking of putting in a cheap & cheerful 7 inch Android tablet to handle my SatNav needs as well as Torque Pro gauges (and trip recording when I want it) etc in my 75 Connie. I don't want it to deal with Audio or Hands- Free phone, as my Pioneer Head Unit is beyond excellent in that regard. Also Internet access when needed will be provided by my mobile phone in tethering mode.

Where's the best position members have found for mounting same so that it is not in the way of safe driving, but is also in good line of sight for the screen display, and doesn't destabilise the whole retro look that I simply adore in the 75?

What about on the sun visor? Charging wiring could be easy to deal with, if a little tedious. Not sure how the GPS would cope without line of site,though. I am not sure how they work or if they use sensors that could be 'extended' using fibre optics. My own Galaxy 7" and Ace phone worked fine without from centre console directly below the roof. Also it could be folded back up for security too.

Perhaps if you could or knew someone capable of removing the screen only, extending the ribbon cable with wires, screen could be mounted inset to the visor, and sensor at the base of the windscreen pillar?
clf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2014, 05:38   #3
steve811
Banned

Rover 75 Tourer CDT Connoisseur SE

I have done this by making up a bracket that sits above the eybrow and the tablet clips into a frame that then slides onto the bracket. If I get time I'll put up a photo. I do use mine as a sat nav, I have bluetooth box which connects to the radio so I can hear the sat nav or is I want play Mp3's through the radio.
steve811 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2014, 15:35   #4
75Connie
Gets stuck in

R75 Connoisseur CDT (116PS) Saloon Auto; R75 Connoisseur CDT (116PS) Tourer Manual

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve811 View Post
I have done this by making up a bracket that sits above the eybrow and the tablet clips into a frame that then slides onto the bracket. If I get time I'll put up a photo. I do use mine as a sat nav, I have bluetooth box which connects to the radio so I can hear the sat nav or is I want play Mp3's through the radio.
Would certainly be interested in a photo or three. Thanks..
Old 6th March 2014, 16:42   #5
rrobson
I really should get out more.......

75 tourer cdti, MG ZS 180, nissan terrano & 1.8t rover 25

I'm just in the process of installing a tablet into the radio slot. It's a bit rough at the mo but works well and will be better once I've finished. I've pushed the radio back so I've still got use of that if I don't have the tablet with me

VIS motor tester avalible to local members

Injector removal tool and auto gearbox pressure tester now available
rrobson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2014, 17:33   #6
75Connie
Gets stuck in

Thanks Reece, but I've decided against anything that replaces the Pioneer Head Unit, as its just excellent, so its setups away from that area I'm looking for.
Old 6th March 2014, 17:42   #7
rrobson
I really should get out more.......

75 tourer cdti, MG ZS 180, nissan terrano & 1.8t rover 25

I've set mine back, unless of course yours is a double din?

VIS motor tester avalible to local members

Injector removal tool and auto gearbox pressure tester now available
rrobson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2014, 17:44   #8
Thomas
This is my second home

MG6 1.8T GT SE

Moved to ICE forum
Old 28th May 2014, 14:41   #9
Kennyeth
This is my second home

No more Rover

Thanked 1,308 Times in 998 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 75Connie View Post

Hi, You probably have gotton sorted out by now and had I seen your post earlier I would have responed faster.
Anyhow, I got a bracket for my Nexus 7 (2013) from these folk:
http://www.brodit.com/productList.ht...013%29&pn=prod
If you search the site you can get a dedicated bracket for your car and your tablet (most of them anyway) easy fit, no drilling holes in dashboard and they look super cool.
Good luck.
I am not in any way involved with the firm "Brodit" just a happy customer.
Kennyeth is offline   Reply With Quote