Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 23rd May 2017, 16:50   #1
Treborg
Regular poster

MG ZT-T, Rover P4 95, Harley Softail Springer

Default Rain sensor prism and ecu

Hi.

Does the rain sensor prism clip firmly into the ecu or just line up with it?

Do you fit the prism to the glass first with the 3m pad and then fit the ecu or do you fit the prism into the ecu and then bond this?

Have done the wiring for auto dim and rain sensor and got all the bits but not a rain sensor windscreen. Is it best just to get one of these fitted. Does it come with the rain sensor prism

Thanks
Mods & Fixes so far: Plenum spy hole created and cleared,front and rear bumpers resprayed, new boot floor handle, hairpins refurbed, drivers seat bolster replaced, led interior lights, Black Oak Dash, Navall 3, Towbar wiring fixed, centre rest USB ports and aux power socket , External microphone, reverse cam, powerfold mirrors, illuminated sun visors, auto dim mirror, rain sense windscreen, Powerflow Exhaust, 4 hole black ash panel.
Treborg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2017, 20:44   #2
SCP440
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT-T 260

The prism comes with a sticky pad and the screen needs to be spotless or you will get problems. Once it is stuck it wont come off with out damaging it. The sensor clips on.

Once fitted it can take a few mins to settle down, I recently fitted a new screen and new prism and for the first few mins the wipers just worked continuously on the sense mode.
SCP440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2017, 21:22   #3
Treborg
Regular poster

Thanks. Do you stuck the prism on first and then clip in the ecu? I can't seem to clip the sensor into the ecu. Seems to sit proud and loose. Don't want to press too hard in case I break it. There are two posts on the ecu and two holes on the underside of the prism. I assume they clip together firmly?
Mods & Fixes so far: Plenum spy hole created and cleared,front and rear bumpers resprayed, new boot floor handle, hairpins refurbed, drivers seat bolster replaced, led interior lights, Black Oak Dash, Navall 3, Towbar wiring fixed, centre rest USB ports and aux power socket , External microphone, reverse cam, powerfold mirrors, illuminated sun visors, auto dim mirror, rain sense windscreen, Powerflow Exhaust, 4 hole black ash panel.
Old 23rd May 2017, 21:46   #4
SCP440
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT-T 260

Yes prism goes on first, there are locking pegs you pull out on each side
This you tube video might help https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-B1UxSbf0I 3mins 20 seconds show how the locking pegs come out
SCP440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2017, 17:39   #5
Treborg
Regular poster

That's absolutely perfect. Had not realised that the ecu box had lugs on the side that come out to out the sensor in! Easy when you know ho
Much appreciated. Many thanks