Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Technology Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 7th May 2017, 21:41   #11
SideValve
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Saloon

Thanks, starting to sound like its faulty....
Personally I'd reformat a usb stick, factory reset the netgear & start again with it off the network and see if it will see the drive.
If it doesn't I guess you could swap them round and use this one just as a router in the loft while the original one does everything else downstairs.

I'm sure you've seen the manual but if not its here - https://www.netgear.com/support/product/WNDR3400v2#docs
The Story So Far: Austin A35, Morris Oxford, Triumph Herald, Mini 850, Mini 1000, Austin Allegro, MG Midget, MGB GT, Rover SD1 2600, Austin Maxi, Rover 200, Rover 825, Rover 800, Bedford TK, Range Rover 3.9 efi, Rover 400, Rover 100, MGF, Rover 25, Rover 75 1.8, Rover 75 Connoisseur SE 2.0 V6, MGF 1.8i, Rover 75 Connoisseur 2.0 V6 Auto, Morris Eight Series E, Morris Minor 1275.
SideValve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2017, 14:02   #12
mbonwick
Gets stuck in

Connoisseur SE 1.8 Auto Saloon

Have you checked router #2 is running the latest firmware?
mbonwick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2017, 17:43   #13
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Thanked 2,061 Times in 1,586 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbonwick View Post
Have you checked router #2 is running the latest firmware?
I did and it wasn't, so I downloaded and installed the latest version. I actually thought the firmware might possibly have been corrupted in the original version, so always worth updating it.

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...40#post1764540

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
HarryM1BYT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2017, 18:02   #14
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

A bit of progress....

The routers web site uses pop up windows, my browser was blocking pop ups - once I allowed them, the edit windows appeared.

[EDIT] but it still does not appear as a share on the LAN..

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

Last edited by HarryM1BYT; 9th May 2017 at 12:06..
Old 10th May 2017, 14:48   #15
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

I reset it this morning, yet one more time and the Readyshare appeared in the network folder for the very first time. I was able to browse the stick, or swap it for a USB HDD and browse that, or at least until I reconnected the the router up to the rest of my network then I lost all access to that readyshare and gained access to my readshare on router #1. I then tried changing the name of the readyshare on router #2 to readysharegrnd, but it still refused to show up in my network folder.

So my question now is - should I be able to have more than one USB readyshare on a single network?

Old 10th May 2017, 16:40   #16
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

Default Solved with help from Netgear!

OK, try to explain what was going on....

Readyshare only works, if DHCP is enabled on the router where the USB item is plugged in.

#1 is the main router and had DHCP enabled, hence I could find and use its Readyshare USB item.

#2 had its DHCP set to off, with #1 dishing out all the IP's, hence no access to its Readyshared USB.

My doing a factory reset this morning on #2, allowed the Readyshare to appear, but only until the point where I disabled the DHCP.

I'm now wondering if I might be able to have DHCP enabled on both routers and give each router a different range of IP's to allocate? Watch this space..