Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum > Sat Nav Hardware & Software > Double Din Navigation Systems
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 23rd May 2017, 17:04   #141
lasercutter
Avid contributor

Rover 75

The Eclipse, phone paired first time but now refuses to see or be seen by my phone, pressing the reset button on the head unit I got it to connect again but leaving the car to go into a shop and returning ten minutes later it's back to not connecting.
There seems to be something funky going on as I can't see how you turn bluetooth off on the head unit, also doesn't seem to remember setting changes either.
lasercutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2017, 17:13   #142
aircub
Gets stuck in

MG-ZT Cdti 131

Quote:
Originally Posted by lasercutter View Post
The Eclipse, phone paired first time but now refuses to see or be seen by my phone, pressing the reset button on the head unit I got it to connect again but leaving the car to go into a shop and returning ten minutes later it's back to not connecting.
There seems to be something funky going on as I can't see how you turn bluetooth off on the head unit, also doesn't seem to remember setting changes either.
OK how did you pair the phone.? did you use the settings or the bluetooth app.? It works fine on my Eclipse.

I have an iPhone BTW
aircub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2017, 17:21   #143
lasercutter
Avid contributor

Rover 75

I tried both ways, and reading back through this thread it seems there are a few people that have the same issue, the other Android units I've had worked fine and once set up connected as soon as the phone was in range, this does not.
An hour ago the phone was paired, contacts visible on the head unit and everything seemed fine, leaving the bluetooth switched on I went into the supermarket and on returning to the car it didn't connect, the phone doesn't see the head unit and the head unit doesn't see the phone.
Old 23rd May 2017, 17:23   #144
aircub
Gets stuck in

MG-ZT Cdti 131

Quote:
I tried both ways, and reading back through this thread it seems there are a few people that have the same issue, the other Android units I've had worked fine and once set up connected as soon as the phone was in range, this does not.
An hour ago the phone was paired, contacts visible on the head unit and everything seemed fine, leaving the bluetooth switched on I went into the supermarket and on returning to the car it didn't connect, the phone doesn't see the head unit and the head unit doesn't see the phone.
Strange, I had that when I used the setup screen but using the bluetooth app and finding my iPhone it works and always reconnects.

I did find that I had to do the pairing in a particular way to keep it working, I have the screenshots if you want them but I am sure you have the same.
Old 23rd May 2017, 17:25   #145
lasercutter
Avid contributor

Rover 75

I'm open to any suggestions so will gladly take a look at the screenshots.

I'll try resetting again and see what happens.
Old 23rd May 2017, 17:43   #146
aircub
Gets stuck in

MG-ZT Cdti 131

Quote:
I'm open to any suggestions so will gladly take a look at the screenshots.

I'll try resetting again and see what happens.
Ok Hear Goes.

1) Select the Bluetooth App
2) touch the Search Button 2nd up left hand side

3) touch the top right each button

4) input the pair number "0000" on your iPhone
5) Your iPhone appears as paired phone

This worked for me and does not loose bluetooth
Old 23rd May 2017, 19:32   #147
lasercutter
Avid contributor

Rover 75

well so far so good, hopefully doing it in the sequence you showed has sorted the issue, though I did have to reset the unit to get anything to show up.
The only worry now is that another random issue that I've been suffering from might interfere, every now and then when the unit boots up I get no sound from the radio, using the volume controls just makes the unit emit a "boop" sound and the only way I've found to fix it is to hit the reset button.
If it happens again I'll try and get a video of it, as nobody else has mentioned anything similar I have to assume it's only me that has the problem.

Cheers for the assistance Aircub
Old 23rd May 2017, 19:33   #148
aircub
Gets stuck in

MG-ZT Cdti 131

Quote:
well so far so good, hopefully doing it in the sequence you showed has sorted the issue, though I did have to reset the unit to get anything to show up.
The only worry now is that another random issue that I've been suffering from might interfere, every now and then when the unit boots up I get no sound from the radio, using the volume controls just makes the unit emit a "boop" sound and the only way I've found to fix it is to hit the reset button.
If it happens again I'll try and get a video of it, as nobody else has mentioned anything similar I have to assume it's only me that has the problem.

Cheers for the assistance Aircub
No problem mate, lets keep our fingers crossed
Old 24th May 2017, 18:54   #149
GolferBoy1

Rover 75

Hello Stuart B,

Many thanks for you guidance notes to install IGO on to the flash memory.

One suggestion I would make is that at line 7 you may get the message 'For security reasons your device is set to block installation of apps obtained from unknown sources' You need to go to Settings/Unknown Sources and tick Allow.
GolferBoy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2017, 18:58   #150
GolferBoy1

Rover 75

Default DVR Playback

In order to allow the DVR to playback the files it creates you need to go in to Settings/Driving Settings and tick 'allowed to watch video while driving.
GolferBoy1 is offline   Reply With Quote